Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 years ago, Snowy was one year old, had his Dogster.com Page and a few fluff friends in dogster.

A lady sent me a message in dogster.com, telling me that someone stole Snowy's photos from his Dogster page and reposted them in Puppyfind.com for SELLING a Puppy :angry: The person who stole the photos changed Snowy's information to FEMALE as a gender and LOVE as a name. I didn't know what to do next because that never happened to me before. So that lady who told me about the photo-stealing (who happened to also have a maltese dogster page and just like me and Snowy, her maltese photos were also stolen - by the same person and reposted in puppyfind.com for puppy sale), helped me so much on getting my puppy's photos down from the scammers' account! She also succeeded in letting puppyfind let her own maltese photos down from the scammer's account:aktion033:

Anyways, right after that incident, the lady and I exchanged a couple more messages to celebrate having our malts' photos down from puppyfind LOL .. it was really an accomplishment as it took SO LONG to have our puppies' photos down!

The best part comes here: in one of these celebration messages, the lady wrote: "www.spoiledmaltese.com/forum" for me! saying that it was one of the best maltese forums. I didn't know about it before. Needless to say, I had to check it out myself. Sticking around in it was not certain - the only thing that was certain was that I was head over heels in love with my Snowy (who was one year old back then) and crazy about sharing everything Snowy-related :HistericalSmiley: AND seeing maltese photos :wub: so that link sounded like maltese-heaven to me :wub:

I typed in "SpoiledMaltese.com/forum" and wow baby, maltese here, maltese there, maltese talk, maltese blab, maltese info, maltese owners :w00t: "that sure is my thing" I thought, and registered STRAIGHT away!

It was just Joe back then who used to activate new members' accounts. I remember that it took me about 3-4 days for my account to be activated, so I spent these days looking through all the photos and admiring the maltese in them:wub: When the day came where I was able to post, this was the VERY FIRST photo that shared; in the introduction section to introduce my maltese :HistericalSmiley: I know, he was not the cleanest in this photo, but it still shows off his goofiness while trying to perform the trick (of holding the card that carries his name) for me.

^ this was how Snowy introduced himself to SM and that was the start of Snowy's and my love to this forum. Today marks our 5 years addiction-to-SM-and-its-maltese-anniversary :w00t: who could have imagined that I would one day find a forum full of super adorable malts and sweet owners from all over the world who share the same love to the breed as I do? A place where maltese can be seen, watched, read about, EVERYWHERE. For that, I am thankful for Carrie & Massimo:wub: (and then came Minnie:wub:). Carrie was the lady who told me about SM.

I learned way so much here! SM was like a maltese school for me. A fun and adorable school that my heart loved. It was my favorite stop in the ("www").

Believe it or not, it is still my favorite stop in the World Wide Web:wub: for more than one reason which I hope to share in a video I plan to make very soon (in the coming week).

For now and before that video, I can say: thank you all for the wonderful 5 years of maltese love here:wub: I am blessed to have gotten to know you and your malts. What about you? How did you know about SM?

hugs
Kat

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Yay Kat! It's almost our 5 years too! I can't believe it's been that long. Perri is my first dog and I joined when he was a puppy and didn't know anything. I owe SM so much for helping me to become a good mom to him. It's been such a valuable resource to me.
So happy SM anniversary, and I've enjoyed all the great pics and vids you've posted over the years!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Happy 5 Year Anniversary with SM Kat!! :cheer: Snowy looks so adorable as always in that picture, and he still looks the same now! I don't think he aged in 5 years at all :D I'm so glad that Carrie referred you here Kat, and that you shared so much cuteness from Snowy and Crystal with us :wub:

·
Premium Member
16,777 Posts
Happy Anniversary, Kat! Mine's coming up too but I don't remember the actual date. I'm so glad you're here to share the king and queen of your heart with us.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Hi Kat!
Thanks for sharing the Anniversary story with us.
I enjoy your posts so much!

You will prob laugh, but when I first looked at the attached Snowy pic
I thought he had a L-E-M-O-N-S box on his head! :w00t:
What a prankster I thought!

I found SM by just searching a few years ago.
I have been a Maltese Mom for many years,
but I never had the internet 10 years ago.
Silly me, I thought my first Malt Sunny was a dog. :HistericalSmiley:
I wish I would have have had SM then!

But it's here now, and you're all here now! :)

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all, guys, it has been soooo nice to meet you & your precious malts all online :grouphug:

Yay Kat! It's almost our 5 years too! I can't believe it's been that long. Perri is my first dog and I joined when he was a puppy and didn't know anything. I owe SM so much for helping me to become a good mom to him. It's been such a valuable resource to me.
So happy SM anniversary, and I've enjoyed all the great pics and vids you've posted over the years!
It's half a decade, Ashley :w00t: I am so happy that you are still around - Happy 5 years to you and handsome Perri :wub: too. I also can't believe that it's been that long.

Yes, I owe SM a lot. One thing I learned about myself is that I go feeling thankful forever :blush: not only to a knowledgeable about the maltese breed forum in the Internet, but to anything else that happens in my life - even if it was just so little :blush:

Happy 5 Year Anniversary with SM Kat!! :cheer: Snowy looks so adorable as always in that picture, and he still looks the same now! I don't think he aged in 5 years at all :D I'm so glad that Carrie referred you here Kat, and that you shared so much cuteness from Snowy and Crystal with us :wub:
haha - he SURE acts as goofy as always :wub: his personality makes my heart giggle :D

Happy Anniversary, Kat! Mine's coming up too but I don't remember the actual date. I'm so glad you're here to share the king and queen of your heart with us.
sweet Linda, your 5th year is soon coming too. I am sooo happy that you are still around, one of the sweetest people who I got the pleasure to know :wub: I didn't remember the actual date either, but about a couple weeks ago, I clicked on my profile, searching for a member in my contact to send a PM to. My eyes fell right above the contact list to the left side, where it said that I joined in Feb 18! Gee, i spent half a decade of my life here :w00t: not sure if it is 100% healthy though :HistericalSmiley: because it means that I spent tones of "NOT-full-sleeping" nights for the last few years. As during day time, I am busy with life. Night times are the perfect time mostly. That said, being around such nice and sweet people with their super adorable malts is super nice :wub:

Hi Kat!
Thanks for sharing the Anniversary story with us.
I enjoy your posts so much!

You will prob laugh, but when I first looked at the attached Snowy pic
I thought he had a L-E-M-O-N-S box on his head! :w00t:
What a prankster I thought!

I found SM by just searching a few years ago.
I have been a Maltese Mom for many years,
but I never had the internet 10 years ago.
Silly me, I thought my first Malt Sunny was a dog. :HistericalSmiley:
I wish I would have have had SM then!

But it's here now, and you're all here now! :)
That sure is something new I learn about you, Canada .. I didn't know that you had maltese before your current cutie pies :wub:

Snowy is my first maltese. Although I had him for one year before joining SM, there was still TONES of other things I didn't know about the breed - I learned a lot here too ;)

haha and let me find another photo of Snowy carrying the card in the right way for you ^_^

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
:partytime::yahoo: Congrats on your five year anniversary Kat. Wow that's a long time in doggie years. :HistericalSmiley:I have to look back at my date, but I'm still a semi-newbie -- a couple of years I guess and I joined to do my search for a Maltese. So much to be thankful for here along the way. I love that picture of Snowy. I also saw "lemons" when I glanced quickly. :blink::HistericalSmiley: That's Snowy...making lemonade out of Snowy Upside Down:) So glad you are a big part of SM.:hugging:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Happy Anniversary, Kat, Snowy and Crystal! I think we've been here five years this month too! Time sure flies when you're bathing dogs!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Happy anniversary Kat! Its been 1 year and almost a month since I joined. :) Couldn't imagine SM without you, Snowy, and Crystal.

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Yeah baby!!! Happy Anniversary Kat, Snowy and Crystal.

All I remember is while I was on Maltese Only, it seemed everyone I knew was either banned or left. Finally I searched for a Maltese forum and ta da.....here we all are.
xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxo:celebrate - firewor:celebrate - firewor:celebrate - firewor

·
Premium Member
13,437 Posts
Happy Anniversary Kat !

I was on Maltese Only too but was hardly there at all, the next time I thought of logging to it, I didn't, instead I googled, 'maltese forum' and chose SM instead.
I almost got a Shih Tzu instead of a maltese...I would have ended up with a whole other bunch of friends.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
The first thing I remember ever seeing on youtube was Snowy swimming. Wow, I thought that dog was amazing. I still do. It's been a great five years of reading about S & C and your life and travels as well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts