Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,today is Harley's neuter day. I am alittle worrried but I know things will be fine. Gonna keep myself busy. He actually goes today for the blood work & then the surgery is tomorrow morning,then home on Wed. Wish him luck

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Good luck!!!!
Lots of hugs to Harley!!!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Why is Harley spending the night? Pico came home the same day....what are they using for anesthesia? Maybe that's the issue. My vet uses isofluorene which is a gas that leaves the system as soon as it is discontinued. The advantage is no recovery time but the disadvantage is that it leaves Pico with a temporary cough due to throat irritation from the tube.

If it is simply for observation, you can do that yourself. If you're like me, Harley sleeps with you if he is under the weather so you can keep an ear and eye on him anyway.
I guess I just can't bear the thought of Pico staying in a strange place overnight. So far, he's never done that even with the testing he went through for the MVD, so I guess I'm questioning why Harley has to, even though it's really none of my business.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts