Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Work landed me in San Diego this week. My friend, Brad, was watching the doggies for me. Bless his heart, he takes VERY good care of my little ones, and was frantic when my precious Tommy was overly excited, and jumped off the couch. Not sure if you remember, but Tommy has a deformed rear end. He is able to get on the sectional, but not off. I take him off every couple of hours, to pee, poo, whatever.

Make a long story short, Brad was getting their dinner ready (wet food), and Tommy was on the couch, he couldn't wait to eat, and flew off the couch. Brad is sick about it, so am I.

I called my vet as soon as I got home, which was hours after he told me. He'll be fine, but totally "Jacked Up" for now. Poor bugger had a heck of a time, with his rear legs, from birth. So yep, it's pain meds, and rest. Much like my Daisy's problem.

Tommy goes back, for a check up, next week.

By the way, nothing is broken, out of wack, etc. Well, Tommy's poor rear was out of whack to begin with. I'm on top of it. I have an excellent vet. This just so sucks for Tommy.

HERE'S MY BABY RESTING COMFORTABLY:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Poor little guy.. He looks like he is going to feel much better soon with Hello Kitty there with him... Hoping for a speedy recovery and a feel great day ...

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Oh, gosh, Deb ... I look at Tommy's precious face and wish I could fly right out there and hold him and give him cuddles galore. Bless his sweet heart.:heart::heart::heart:

Hugs and Love to you, Tommy, and the rest of the fluffs, Deb.:smootch::tender:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
the poor little guy - he is doing a great job at looking the part of a hurt old man who is in need of some TLC - he makes me feel guilty for not loving on him and giving him extra treats just looking at his photo!! I don't know how you are getting anything done !:)

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
There's Tommy lying there thinking, "Maybe I won't jump off the couch for my next meal." Better late than never. I remember when you got Tommy -- aren't his legs fused together from the top down to around the knees (God knows if I remember anything these days but I do remember his picture). Poor Brad probably feels even worse then Tommy about what happened. Accidents can happen to our fluffs if we're there or not. Hopefully with meds and rest Tommy will be fine. You, dear Deb need :wine: so you'll feel better. Take care.:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
He looks like he is resting comfortably......bless his little heart. I hope he feels better soon Deb.....please keep us update because we love him!!!!!:wub:

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Aww. Poor baby boy. Poor Mommy. Poor Brad. I wish I could tell Tommy to move over and make room for me.
xoxoxoxoxoxoox

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Aw the poor little boo boo! I hope you are all feeling better real soon. Those things just happen so fast - and the little boogers have a mind of their own sometimes and do leap before thinking. Hugs

Linda

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Deb, Please give that sweet boy hugs and kisses from Auntee Edie and gang. Sure hope he is better very soon. I know you are worried. Hugs,Edie

1 - 20 of 26 Posts