Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to Dallas for Thanksgiving week to be with my daughter and her family. The Cocker puppy she bought from a broker (see my earlier post of self-flagellation) has been sick since she got him. At first she though kennel cough but the vet diagnosed tonsillitis and gave her an antibiotic and something for the cough but a week later he is still coughing when he gets active.

She spoke with her vet again today and the vet said that it could be contagious, so Pico has to stay home with my husband and I am so bummed out! I would never take any kind of chance with Pico's health but it is hard for me to leave him for a whole week. I was resigned to leaving him over Christmas week when I go to my Florida daughter's home because of the $200 cost round trip and the fact that her cat goes into hiding the entire time Pico is there.

I'm just venting...... poor me.......sob, sob, sob. Don't you feel sorry for me? Oh, woe is me being separated from my constant companion for a whole week.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I know how you feel. Lady's only been boarded twice - once the weekend my daughter got married and then just last weekend when my mom, sister and I went down there to help set up the baby's room and stayed at a bed & breakfast that didn't allow pets.

I had such an upset stomach the whole morning before dropping her off, then they had to practically pry her out of my arms when we got there. I got better as I was driving until I heard the Lionel Ritchie song "Once, Twice, Three Times a Lady" which is "her" song. I cried all the way down the highway after that!

But you are doing the right thing. Who knows what Pico could pick up from that dog? Better to be safe than sorry .... and sad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts