Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Update! Baxter is still not his regular self. His is still laying around more than usual and his stool is softer--not runny but not as solid as usual if that makes any sense. He is not vomiting and no temp. All in all some better just not completely. I am still worried and scared. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Maybe by this afternoon I will have much better news. Right now he is in my lap, scared of thunder LOL!!
he is just so precious!!!

Originally posted by DanaH@Apr 11 2005, 12:06 PM
Update!  Baxter is still not his regular self.  His is still laying around more than usual and his stool is softer--not runny but not as solid as usual if that makes any sense.  He is not vomiting and no temp.  All in all some better just not completely.  I am still worried and scared.  Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.  Maybe by this afternoon I will have much better news.  Right now he is in my lap, scared of thunder LOL!! 
  he is just so precious!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=51355
[/QUOTE]

I am sorry to hear Baxter isn't feeling well
I hope he continues to improve as he has been. I am worried about our little guy too as far as separation... I am home with him all the time and he misses my husband when he goes to work, but seems to deal with it, but if we leave together for a couple of hours(which we have only done twice in over 4 weeks) he gets really upset. He doesn't want to eat or drink etc. I hope Baxter is running around and playing with his toys very soon
They really are very sensitive..precious... babies.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
I feel so panicky. I just feel like something is wrong medically with Baxter but what I am not sure. Not many symptoms now just lethargy and loss of appetite. I will be calling the vet back this afternoon. I may be overreacting...I just can't help myself.

I don't think your over reacting at all!! If YOU are not comfortable with the way Baxter is doing, CALL!! If you need to, take him in again!! If you don't get any comfort from your Vet, see another one......remember, your the MOMMA, if you feel something is wrong keep calling. No one knows Baxter better than you do!!

Sisses mom is right!! You know little Baxter better than anyone else and if something just doesn't seem right, call the vet. I really hope that Baxter gets better soon!!!! Is there another vet in your area you would be comfortable taking him too? Big hugs for Baxter and for you!!!!

Discussion starter · #27 ·
There are other vets in the area but I have never used them. I really like this vet and she loves Baxter
and she was very concerned about him. I am just not sure he is 100% yet.

Please keep us posted!!! I hope Baxter gets better SOON!! My heart goes out to you as I have had many health scares with Cha Cha! Good news is, she is much better now. MAKE SURE TO CHECK HIS GUMS "CONSTANTLY"!!! They should be a reddish pink color! If they are whitish... GIVE HIM KARO SYRUP ASAP!! Apply it in all his gums with a Q-tip!!! His sugar could be low!! Dangerous as she could have a hypoglycemic attack!!! I did this for my baby and it stabalized her. It also will stimulate the appetite!!!
Jellybn1

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.