2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if anyone ever asked this before since I'm new. Should
I take Chloe's top knot out when she goes to bed or is it ok to always
have it up? :blush:

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
When I first got Milo I used take out his topknot at night.
I don't anymore - I re-do his topknot every morning and night :)
ETA - I do take off bows though.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
The hair on Lady's head is too long to leave her topknot out. It covers her eyes. She's worn a topknot 24/7 since I adopted her ten years ago.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
If your dog has a tendancy to rub his head when he goes to bed, it might be good to take it down to prevent breakage. You may want to keep the topknot hair a little shorter so it doesn't get in his mouth when it is down though.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I keep the hair a bit shorter and take it out. They cant see. I redo it every morning. They clearly enjoy having it released. I scratch their head following to release the tension. I feel they are more comfortable and we are just sleeping, so no need to have it up. I think most here leave it up though.

This all comes from a person who get a major headache from having a ponytail in too long :)

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Abbey wears a thicker scrunchy type of band - she wears it all the time and I re-do it every few days.

Ava wears the tiny show bands because she's so little. These bands tend to break her hair - I take it out every night, but it's still broken - darn :blink:

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Perri is the same as Sassy. I don't take it down bc it's long and I think it would irritate his eyes. I've come home from work a few times when it's come out and not only was he upset about having the hair in his face, but his eyes were all runny from having the hair in them and the hair was wet and tangled...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts