Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...I just wanted to say thank you to whomever it was who suggested the washing machine as a grooming table. I have used it for the past few days, and we've been sporting perfect top knots. I can't believe it, my puppy laid right down (with a towel for a pillow) and let me put in a top knot, re-adjust and add a bow. None of the usual squirming, biting and frustration that we get on the kitchen counter. I'm off to Sally's to get some perm paper to try double top knots for tomorrow (first day of puppy class). I am also scoping e-bay for some cute bows. Now if I could only get her to stop picking at it.....

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Feb 11 2005, 12:18 PM
Hi everyone...I just wanted to say thank you to whomever it was who suggested the washing machine as a grooming table.  I have used it for the past few days, and we've been sporting perfect top knots.  I can't believe it, my puppy laid right down (with a towel for a pillow) and let me put in a top knot, re-adjust and add a bow.  None of the usual squirming, biting and frustration that we get on the kitchen counter.  I'm off to Sally's to get some perm paper to try double top knots for tomorrow (first day of puppy class).  I am also scoping e-bay for some cute bows.  Now if I could only get her to stop picking at it.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34779
[/QUOTE]

Congratulations... I'm sure puppy will look great for tomorrow's class

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Feb 11 2005, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone...I just wanted to say thank you to whomever it was who suggested the washing machine as a grooming table.  I have used it for the past few days, and we've been sporting perfect top knots.  I can't believe it, my puppy laid right down (with a towel for a pillow) and let me put in a top knot, re-adjust and add a bow.  None of the usual squirming, biting and frustration that we get on the kitchen counter.  I'm off to Sally's to get some perm paper to try double top knots for tomorrow (first day of puppy class).  I am also scoping e-bay for some cute bows.  Now if I could only get her to stop picking at it.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34779
[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! Sounds like you are on the way to a bow addiction like the rest of us!

FYI, down the line think about getting a grooming table if you'll be doing topknots everyday. I got one from PetEdge for under $50.

http://www.petedge.com/shopping/product/de...uctID=2608&AS=1

It really has been one of the best investments I have made. I keep it set up all the time and use it daily, often several times a day.

Now, of course, we want to see pictures of her and her new 'do!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marj, I know you've posted your bow sources but would you mind listing them again??? I just hope this isn't as expensive as some of my other addictions....shoes, makeup, handbags.....

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
To get her use to it, you might do just a light weight band for a few weeks. Most dogs learn to ignore these pretty quickly. Don't forget to make sure it isn't pulling on her head or eyes. Let her get use to this before adding bows and papers.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I really gotta start making sunny bows right now he hasa huge pack of bows but they arnt special and i usually have to throw them away after one wearing but that ok for what i paid for them, the bows on the web sites are just so cute though i gotta get some

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
They have adorable bows for boys! Sunny will just have to stop getting into paint, pond bluing and all that stuff!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I got some boy bows on ebay...I think they were bowsbybeth...anyway, they were excellent quality and price. She was great to work with and would custom order too. I have the card at home with her name and email if anyone is interested.

Here is the link to her bow store on ebay...Bows by Beth ebay store her auction listings are under Beth's Dog Bows and here is her email [email protected]

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I get Ruby Jeans bows online from www.bowsbyhaley.com - she has a great selection-so cute!! Very nice quality too. I also took the advice of putting her on the washing machine - and it works out great! I'm just learning so much from this site. :D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
wow-maybe Ruby Jean isn't as spoiled as I thought! lol - do you have a special room where you keep your tables? I would love to have that for Ruby Jean-but I can't think of a place in my house for it-I guess I could always change the laundry room and make that "her room" for her stuff lol!! :D

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it possible to have "bow envy"??? That's an impressive collection. I love the table with the drawers. You got that from Costco? I would love something like that for my son's Legos.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Do you guys usually but the bows with bands or barretes seems like barrets would last longer but i dont know how well they would stay in

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
So far Ruby shakes the barrettes out of her hair-and the bows she rubs her head on the ground until they are all crooked and messy-she looks so cute. Someone said to just put the rubberband in first and have them get use to that for a few days then put the bow in - so I"m going to try that.

I was thinking about that cart for my scrapbooking!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Feb 12 2005, 02:29 PM
Oh yes, dont I know about buying bows
   It becomes very addicive.  I am really trying to withold the urge to buy more - but there are so many cute ones available, and what the heck a girl can never have too many bows

here are a couple of pics of the grooming tables, and one of the drawers with the Pink bows.  I started with the white table, then outgrew it, then when I saw the table with the multi colour drawers at Costco, I just had to have it to sort all Digby's bows by colour

one of the drawers with her pink bows
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35039
[/QUOTE]
Wow, you have some fantastic set-up there.... !!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Marilyn, I can't see the pictures!

I use the bows with the latex bands. They last just as long as as barrettes, I think. I make a topknot using the perm papers, so the band goes over the paper and never gets tangled in the hair I think I have only broken one elastic. I have some barrettes from Molly Maries with barrettes and I realy like them, too. They stay in very well, but I have noticed a bit more matting around where the barrette goes.

Jackie, could you post your topknot tutorial here on SM? That's how I learned to do a proper topknot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The day i brought Bushi home i started brushing him, and when his hair was long enough it was in a pony tail... People look at me strange when im doing his hair and dont understands how he sit still the whole time....

I part his hair with a comb then brush it up in postion and lock it in with a rubberband. Afterwards i loosen it so it's not to tight on his head add a bow at that point...

I hold off on the bows and just leave the rubberband because im tired of people asking me if he's a girl...... And they still do without the bow for crying out loud.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts