Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Feb 11 2005, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone...I just wanted to say thank you to whomever it was who suggested the washing machine as a grooming table.  I have used it for the past few days, and we've been sporting perfect top knots.  I can't believe it, my puppy laid right down (with a towel for a pillow) and let me put in a top knot, re-adjust and add a bow.  None of the usual squirming, biting and frustration that we get on the kitchen counter.  I'm off to Sally's to get some perm paper to try double top knots for tomorrow (first day of puppy class).  I am also scoping e-bay for some cute bows.  Now if I could only get her to stop picking at it.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34779
[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! Sounds like you are on the way to a bow addiction like the rest of us!

FYI, down the line think about getting a grooming table if you'll be doing topknots everyday. I got one from PetEdge for under $50.

http://www.petedge.com/shopping/product/de...uctID=2608&AS=1

It really has been one of the best investments I have made. I keep it set up all the time and use it daily, often several times a day.

Now, of course, we want to see pictures of her and her new 'do!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Marilyn, I can't see the pictures!

I use the bows with the latex bands. They last just as long as as barrettes, I think. I make a topknot using the perm papers, so the band goes over the paper and never gets tangled in the hair I think I have only broken one elastic. I have some barrettes from Molly Maries with barrettes and I realy like them, too. They stay in very well, but I have noticed a bit more matting around where the barrette goes.

Jackie, could you post your topknot tutorial here on SM? That's how I learned to do a proper topknot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.