Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont really like to keep her with a rubberband on all the time thats why I use clips . If her hair is in a rubberband it holds up good for the most part here is a pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
I keep lightweight bands in my dogs hair 24/7, changing them every day or every other day. It looks the hair is too heavy for the tiny clip! Bailey is a cutie

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
This is why I tip Cosy's topknot to the side. It does get heavy, no matter what I do. I usually use the band bows rather than clips.

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Hair around Eyes???

SORRY I CAN'T HELP, I'M NEW TO TOP KNOTS BUT.....BAILEY LOOKS LIKE MY SAMMIE A LOT..HE IS A CUTIE.

This sounds like a good thread to ask this ? If not, just ignore me. I want to grow Sammie's hair so he has a top knot and no little hairs in center between the eyes.
I want him to look like (i THINK IT IS PEARLAN IN PICTURE IN PREV POST)......I don't know if I should let ALL the hair grow around the entire eyes out? (he has little hairs growing that stick in eyes now until it grows out between the eyes). I don't know if I'm supposed to clip those hairs between eyes or not. The pics I see of Malt's a lot look like they have let ALL the hair around the eyes fully grown out then pulled top part up in knot and center bottom of eyes grow and then it is trimmed around bottom of face/head. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
SORRY I CAN'T HELP, I'M NEW TO TOP KNOTS BUT.....BAILEY LOOKS LIKE MY SAMMIE A LOT..HE IS A CUTIE.

This sounds like a good thread to ask this ? If not, just ignore me. I want to grow Sammie's hair so he has a top knot and no little hairs in center between the eyes.
I want him to look like (i THINK IT IS PEARLAN IN PICTURE IN PREV POST)......I don't know if I should let ALL the hair grow around the entire eyes out? (he has little hairs growing that stick in eyes now until it grows out between the eyes). I don't know if I'm supposed to clip those hairs between eyes or not. The pics I see of Malt's a lot look like they have let ALL the hair around the eyes fully grown out then pulled top part up in knot and center bottom of eyes grow and then it is trimmed around bottom of face/head. :unsure:

Hi, that is Pearlan in my siggy pic. i dont cut her face hair at all, she does have some tiny hairs around the eyes that are too short to make it to the top knot, they just kind of go with the direction of the hair and are hard to see. but i dont cut any hair, and with your baby it will get to a point where the same thing should happen.
i also dont cut any length off her top knot. what i do is comb it together towards the top, then i twist it all, i fold the twist over and apply the little claw clip. she ends up with a tiny "bun" held on by the claw clip. i do this everyday and it stays on all day. bands would break her hair, and barrettes even more so, so we are happy with the clips for daily use and do bows for special occasions. hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Hi, that is Pearlan in my siggy pic. i dont cut her face hair at all, she does have some tiny hairs around the eyes that are too short to make it to the top knot, they just kind of go with the direction of the hair and are hard to see. but i dont cut any hair, and with your baby it will get to a point where the same thing should happen.
i also dont cut any length off her top knot. what i do is comb it together towards the top, then i twist it all, i fold the twist over and apply the little claw clip. she ends up with a tiny "bun" held on by the claw clip. i do this everyday and it stays on all day. bands would break her hair, and barrettes even more so, so we are happy with the clips for daily use and do bows for special occasions. hope this helps!

THANKS SO MUCH! Pearlan is beautiful. That is what I thought :aktion033: from the forum pics. NO hair on face is cut. Well poor Sammie has got a lot of prickly :w00t: hairs to go through that are sticking him in the eyes---but his mommy works everyday to keep them clean (get crusty from eyes) and away from eyes till they are grown out. I am going to learn to groom his hair and I knew the face is part I can't do, so this is wonderful. I think take about 6 months?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i use the little claw clips, they work really well and stay on all day.:wub:
I use the claw clips also but i guess i am not using them right. Do you have a close up picture of your baby with a claw clip in her hair. How big.are the claw clips?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I dont really like to keep her with a rubberband on all the time thats why I use clips . If her hair is in a rubberband it holds up good for the most part here is a pic.
Why don't you like the band? If it works and keeps the hair out of her face, it seems like it's the solution. .. No?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why don't you like the band? If it works and keeps the hair out of her face, it seems like it's the solution. .. No?
Yup your right but as soon as I manage to get a band in her hair she goes crazy. She starts rubbing her head all over the floor which of course means messy hair again. She is not one to just sit still and let me fix her hair. So thats when the clips come into effect she does not mess with her clips to much.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Yup your right but as soon as I manage to get a band in her hair she goes crazy. She starts rubbing her head all over the floor which of course means messy hair again. She is not one to just sit still and let me fix her hair. So thats when the clips come into effect she does not mess with her clips to much.
I'm guessing that you put the band in too tight. If you make the topknot loose enough and use a lightweight grooming band, she will barely feel it.

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
THANKS SO MUCH! Pearlan is beautiful. That is what I thought :aktion033: from the forum pics. NO hair on face is cut. Well poor Sammie has got a lot of prickly :w00t: hairs to go through that are sticking him in the eyes---but his mommy works everyday to keep them clean (get crusty from eyes) and away from eyes till they are grown out. I am going to learn to groom his hair and I knew the face is part I can't do, so this is wonderful. I think take about 6 months?
I use the claw clips also but i guess i am not using them right. Do you have a close up picture of your baby with a claw clip in her hair. How big.are the claw clips?

Hi, sorry i didnt answers sooner, i've been away. thank you Kandis! it will take a little while for the hair to grow, but i would think within 6 months. in the meantime, just comb those little hairs with the rest! i like using a small metal comb.
Becky, the clips are very light weight and small, made by Goody, they measure 1/2 inch. i'll get pics over the weekend!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi, sorry i didnt answers sooner, i've been away. thank you Kandis! it will take a little while for the hair to grow, but i would think within 6 months. in the meantime, just comb those little hairs with the rest! i like using a small metal comb.
Becky, the clips are very light weight and small, made by Goody, they measure 1/2 inch. i'll get pics over the weekend!
Thanks cant wait to see pic

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
Thanks cant wait to see pic

Hi Becky, i finally got some close up pics, it's not easy, she moves a lot!! i take the top knot and comb it together, then i twist it, but not tight, then i fold the twist over at the base, and i secure it with the little claw clip. the clips that i use are made by Goody, measure 1/2", and come in cute colors. let me know how it works for you!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Hair Scrunches

Lilly was given some hair scrunches, I use them when I'm drying Lilly after a bath. They stay in pretty good and they are easy on the hair.

Lilly is still wearing her dinner but I wanted to give something to show the size.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts