Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this is a silly question, but I'm planning on keeping Milo in a puppy cut, at least for the summer. I've read all your helpful hints about doing a proper topknot... but is there anyway to make the topknot more masculine? Every where we go, everyone thinks Milo is a girl. So as soon as I put his hair in a topknot he'll look even more feminine.
It doesn't really matter, but it would be nice if he looked like a little boy. I saw one Maltese the other day without a topknot, and his hair wasn't in his face at all... I'm not sure how they managed that either... any suggestions?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do people mistake him for a girl? There's nothing wrong with boys having them, I've just been getting... "oh what a sweet little girl you have" every where we go... I just wanted him to look a little more masculine, but his hair is getting in his eyes,so I have to do something.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by milo@Apr 12 2005, 06:28 PM
Do people mistake him for a girl? There's nothing wrong with boys having them, I've just been getting... "oh what a sweet little girl you have" every where we go... I just wanted him to look a little more masculine, but his hair is getting in his eyes,so I have to do something.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52077
[/QUOTE]

Why don't u put him some shirts say like"mommy's boy"???

·
Registered
608 Posts
Tunder can go with a topnot or without. If I put his hair up I have 2 playboy bunny barrettes for him one is blue and one is red. It lets them know he is a boy. After all he is an intercontinental playboy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by dhodina@Apr 12 2005, 05:33 PM
Tunder can go with a topnot or without.  If I put his hair up I have 2 playboy bunny barrettes for him one is blue and one is red.  It lets them know he is a boy.  After all he is an intercontinental playboy.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52083
[/QUOTE]

That's funny! :lol: and a great idea. Milo's the same, he's a ladies man for sure.... if a man and a women come up to him, he'll always say hi to the woman first. It's really funny. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Nichole@Apr 12 2005, 05:44 PM
When Toby's hair is long, I put it up in a topknots with blue bows.  Heck, I even went so far as to get camouflage ribbon and I still got people saying he was a cute girl.  I gave up and I really don't care anymore.  Boy, girl, it doesn't matter to me.  After all, once they are neutered they are all the same.  -_-
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52088
[/QUOTE]

so when it's short, does it stay out of his eyes on its own?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
With any dog, can you tell without "looking" whether it is a girl or boy.... I've never been able to tell ...... so... people are just making a guess based on how pretty he looks. I love Catcher in his top knots ... actually it's more of a pony tail. I don't really even think of him as a boy or girl... just my baby!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know it's funny... generally in life I don't really care what other people think... but when it comes to this little guy... I care about everything!!!! I need to stop being so vain when it comes to him... I always want him to look perfect. You're right though... he's my adorable baby and that's all that matters.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by milo+Apr 12 2005, 09:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Nichole
@Apr 12 2005, 05:44 PM
When Toby's hair is long, I put it up in a topknots with blue bows.  Heck, I even went so far as to get camouflage ribbon and I still got people saying he was a cute girl.  I gave up and I really don't care anymore.  Boy, girl, it doesn't matter to me.  After all, once they are neutered they are all the same.   -_-
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52088
so when it's short, does it stay out of his eyes on its own?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52090
[/B][/QUOTE]

To jump in here... Kallie does not wear a top knot. She has a modified "visor cut"... It never gets in her eyes.... here she is:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[/QUOTE]
To jump in here... Kallie does not wear a top knot. She has a modified "visor cut"... It never gets in her eyes.... here she is:

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52102
[/QUOTE]

Kallie looks great! Milo's hair is too short yet for anything... but soon I'll have to do something. He's starting to get crusty's under his eyes, and I think it's because of the hair in his eyes.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Originally posted by milo@Apr 12 2005, 08:11 PM
Ok I know this is a silly question, but I'm planning on keeping Milo in a puppy cut, at least for the summer. I've read all your helpful hints about doing a proper topknot... but is there anyway to make the topknot more masculine? Every where we go, everyone thinks Milo is a girl. So as soon as I put his hair in a topknot he'll look even more feminine.
It doesn't really matter, but it would be nice if he looked like a little boy. I saw one Maltese the other day without a topknot, and his hair wasn't in his face at all... I'm not sure how they managed that either... any suggestions?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52064
[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, when my daughter was a baby, she didn't hve any hair til she was about 2. People always thought she was a boy, even when I dressed her in pink. Now how strange is that??? Some people are goofy no matter what you do.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by maltsmom@Apr 13 2005, 12:55 PM
Don't feel bad, when my daughter was a baby, she didn't hve any hair til she was about 2.  People always thought she was a boy, even when I dressed her in pink.  Now how strange is that??? Some people are goofy no matter what you do. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52242
[/QUOTE]

I was the same way. My mom used to tape bows to my head.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Apr 13 2005, 10:14 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-maltsmom
@Apr 13 2005, 12:55 PM
Don't feel bad, when my daughter was a baby, she didn't hve any hair til she was about 2.  People always thought she was a boy, even when I dressed her in pink.  Now how strange is that??? Some people are goofy no matter what you do. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52242
I was the same way. My mom used to tape bows to my head.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52247
[/B][/QUOTE]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts