Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently put bows in Sydneys hair with grooming bands (small latex rubberbands) and they tend to matt her hair. Has anyone else had this problem? I really would like to keep something on her hair to keep it out of her face....has anyone been successful with barretts...I'm reluctant to try them because I'm afraid she could swallow it if it ever came off.

Please give me your thoughts.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I don't do bows, but a friend of mine puts bows in her yorkie. She uses a baby Velcro bow and it seems to hold well. When I first got Tiki I tried to do a top knot with orthodontic rubber bands. I didn't have the problem you are describing, he just couldn't stand it <_<

Judi

·
Registered
346 Posts
I do the bows, knots, and barretts. I buy the elastic bands that are made for fine hair or babies (tangel free) for Morgan's hair, but they still tend to tangle a little, but not alot. I simple use a little topknot gel to keep it in place and that seems to help keep it from tangling. When I use barretts, I dont' even use elastics at all. Only use them with clips and bows. And have hd no troublewith Morgan swalowing anything.

J

·
0 Posts
I was told to wrap the base of the hair with perm paper - rubber band goes over the perm paper.
As for rubberbands I purchased some from the following website and they work nicely:
http://www.bowsbyhaley.com/shop/bbh/mall/
I used them on my cocker spaniel but since I won't have my maltese puppy until the end of the month I haven't been able to try them on her.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Walmart carries them in the section where the headbands, ribbons, bows etc...they have a "baby section". that is where I buy them. They are made special for babies, no tangle. (they tangle "a little" sometimes, but nothing really bad)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Jami, Thanks for the tip.

I used rubebr bands but when I take them out they pull my girls hair.
I also use the claw clips and they work ok but somehow they manage to pull them out of their hair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts