Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Guinevere
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guinevere began not putting her back leg down and has been hopping on 3 legs for 3 days.
The vet didn't think it was her patella but highly possible her ACL is torn!!!
The X-rays are getting reviewed by a orthopedic surgeon.
She is having me make a consultation appointment with one.
And keep her activity very limited.
This is so difficult bc like most of our babies she follows me to each room.
Has anyone had any experience with this?
Its so heartbreaking bc she is only 3. :cry:

Premium Member
Guinevere began not putting her back leg down and has been hopping on 3 legs for 3 days.
The vet didn't think it was her patella but highly possible her ACL is torn!!!
The X-rays are getting reviewed by a orthopedic surgeon.
She is having me make a consultation appointment with one.
And keep her activity very limited.
This is so difficult bc like most of our babies she follows me to each room.
Has anyone had any experience with this?
Its so heartbreaking bc she is only 3. :cry:
My dog Spunky, who passed away in 2010, tore his, in both legs. He was in his mature years when it happened. I blame myself for having him neutered quite young and for letting him leap around too much. I think his ligaments were weakened, as I didn't notice any particular incident just before he started hopping on 3 legs. Another Maltese mix, Murphy/Possum, ruptured one of his in the home of his adopter, and they dumped him back on me and never offered to help. So I am so glad you are getting your Guenevere good help! I think the surgical techniques have been refined since my two dogs had the surgeries. I hope for the best for your girl! Please ask your vet and the surgeon lots of questions, and I hope you will keep us posted as to how it goes! {{{{{}}}}}

Registered
Guinevere
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I am sorry your dogs have passed. You took very good care of them. Don't blame yourself for neutering Spunky early. It didn't have anything to do with his tear. I blame myself too for not picking her up from the wood floors and putting her down where she got so excited. As my vet said , "she tore it by being a dog and doing what a dog does"
Thank you for your reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts