Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of your Maltese's do the really fast and hilarious torpedo runs? And, when so....do they puff or growl? What typically gets your puppydog's into the torpedo run? Mine loves the sound of jingle bells or if I yell 'Yahooooooeyyyyy'. It is just the funniest thing in the world. She runs around the house and now she is doing it on the bed at night.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi does this almost every day. Not sure what sets her off. She just loves running laps. Sometimes she does it when she has to poop but not always. It is funny to watch.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Fantasia does this all the time and just about anything will set her off. Doing it on the bed at night might get old fast when you are tired so I would stop that as fast as you can.
Fantasia spazes out and runs around the house when my husband and I are getting ready to leave, when I have a leash in my hand, when it's time to eat, when I have a treat, when I have a toy, when the toaster pops up, when the timer goes off, when the microwave dings, when she sees a soda bottle on the floor, when the mail comes through our door slot, when we get ready to take the trash out, and sometimes for no reason at all. She's my little spaz.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Mine do it too. So did Jolie. We call it blitzing or doggie run-runs.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Tuffy does this too.. sometimes I'll set him off by jumping at him but other times we'll just be sitting quietly and he'll just take off! We call it "jet packing" because it looks like he put a jet pack on. I love it, it's one of the funniest things he does.. and he does growl and make silly noises whenever he gets close to me during his lap. It cracks me up! :lol:

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley does this when he is feeling particularly frisky...and when playing with the cats....VERY FUNNNY and cute! OHHHH...and when he gets out of the bath or finished grooming!!!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Peanut does these crazy sprints after he poops. It's pretty funny, and very cute to watch. I always call him Taz (like the tazmanian devil cartoon).

·
Registered
46 Posts
1--------------2----------------3 TAKE OFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!

ZOOOOOOooooooooooommmmmm .............ZOOOOOOOOOoooooooooommmm...........ZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooomm
mmm......

Watch out ,,crash -----bang.....WHAT???-------owie where that come from .......

That is my Schatzi ,,above every day....... whenever she likes it ,we just get out of her way,,,,,and TRY to remove things she could run into...

Youre Babay ever run with looking back......HAHAHA Mine did crash bang in a wall she went ,,,she looked at the wall ,and barked her head off ...... bad WALL!!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Schatzi! haha! That's funny!

My babies love to run like maniacs after I bathe them. I guess they hate to stay still so when they get out of the bathroom, they go nuts and run like the wind.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
YES our puppy does this....she huffs and grrrwllllsss (not really a growl) and chases after my three children. It is the funniest thing. We've been having a blast videoing this. I wonder how long these puppy runs last....

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Jan 25 2005, 08:41 PM
YES our puppy does this....she huffs and grrrwllllsss (not really a growl) and chases after my three children.  It is the funniest thing.  We've been having a blast videoing this.  I wonder how long these puppy runs last....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31487
[/QUOTE]

Well, Kallie is 2-1/2 and still does them.
My first Maltese Rosebud did them for all the years that she was healthy enough to do it!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
parker does this too...he starts chasing the cats until they decide to retaliate..swat..and then the game is over. thank goodness the cats have soft paws and cant scratch him!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts