Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys. Dang I totally cheated over the weekend and now I'm paying for it. I went to the Mall of America with a friend and didn't even try to stay on the diet. I'm so dang constipated (sorry I know too much information) now. I haven't had a BM since Monday and even then it was a very small amount. I've tried stool softeners, fiber pills, increase my water, mineral oil (didn't get much done because I kept gagging). Over my lunch hour I went out and bought raisin, prunes and dates. I also called my GI doctor's nurse to see if there was anything else I could do. My lower tummy is starting to get not really sore but it feels funny, kind of "full".

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With fiber pills you need to drink a lot of water. The water up there was really gross and I didn't have access to bottled water. I normally drink at least 64oz of water a day. I think I drank like 16oz of water (at the most) or Sat and Sun. I did drink other stuff but not enough.

I'm hoping something works soon because this sucks. On the internet it says if constipation last 2 weeks call your doctor. Its only been 3 days and I can't stand it anymore.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Try that spinkle Benefiber stuff!!! It really works!
Also try walking...exercising...it worked when I had that problem when I was pregnant!!!!! (I know you are not pregnant though...didn't mean that...
)
Good luck! I know it's miserable...and then you get the follow up problem of "the roids" if it gets too bad!

**What a great thread THIS is!!
Where is JOE?!!!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
:excl: :excl: There is a lot of "TMI" points in here...read at your own will!!! :excl: :excl:

Through my adventure with WW I have learned that you can over do it on fiber.
It's not fun, TRUST ME! Keep drinking water. I went for a whole week, I had been to the doctor, I was in so much pain.. if it is really really bad don't "strain" (sorry) because you may have a blockage.

First try Milk of Magnisia (SP?) I find that if I can't go for two-three days I take a little of this and it gets going....

HAHA, I think it's so funny to talk about "Taboo" topics like this one. If the MofMag doesn't work, and sometimes it doesn't (I had to go and get a fleet and it wasn't the swallowing kind)..... it did the trick. The package said 1/2 hour... I couldn't even make it out of the bathroom

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I discovered that I was right before... I don't like raisins. Onto prunes.

Edit: Yuck! Don't like those either.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Is it a woman problem to not be able to go??? cause i know a lot of my friends have the same problems... but my bf has never heard of it.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Kodie@Mar 2 2005, 01:55 PM
Is it a woman problem to not be able to go???  cause i know a lot of my friends have the same problems... but my bf has never heard of it. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39309
[/QUOTE]

I can't find it now but I looked constipation up on the internet earlier and it said that women seem to have the problem more often the men. But anyone can get constipated.

Edit: Found the website.
Who gets constipated?

According to the 1996 National Health Interview Survey, about 3 million people in the United States have frequent constipation. Those reporting constipation most often are women and adults age 65 and over. Pregnant women may have constipation, and it is a common problem following childbirth or surgery.

Constipation is one of the most common gastrointestinal complaints in the United States, resulting in about 2 million doctor visits annually. However, most people treat themselves without seeking medical help, as is evident from the millions of dollars Americans spend on laxatives each year.[/B]

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Mar 2 2005, 03:05 PM
Since I was little I have had REAL issues with public restrooms, so I would "hold it" well.. that just causes problem.. I'm now dealing with those. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39311
[/QUOTE]
I hear that!!! Still, I refuse to use a public bathroom. I swear my bladder is gonna explode one day!! I caused my own probs too

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut+Mar 2 2005, 02:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-nataliecmu
@Mar 2 2005, 03:05 PM
Since I was little I have had REAL issues with public restrooms, so I would "hold it" well.. that just causes problem.. I'm now dealing with those. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39311
I hear that!!! Still, I refuse to use a public bathroom. I swear my bladder is gonna explode one day!! I caused my own probs too

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39315
[/B][/QUOTE]

I used to have this problem until I lived in the dorm my freshman year of college and had community bathrooms. You were forced to use the public restroom. Girls would bring in a walkman and it really does help to listen to the music and block out the idea that you are in a public restroom. I also worked at a summer camp and shared my bathroom (with no door...just a shower curtian) with 8 7-year old girls! I would go only after the girls went to bed or before they woke up. I had a fear those little girls would all barge in on me and I just couldn't go!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
One of my daughters was so peculiar about the bathroom that she would check out of school to come home to go. Her senior year, she attended a small, private school about ten minutes from our home, and she just signed out when she needed to. I think the school pretty much let her do what she wanted to since she was a "good kid" otherwise. Now that she is the mother of two, she is finding that you visit every public bathroom in your outings with them and potty training.
Funny thing though, this child rode her bike all over Alaska when she was 15, and thought nothing of stopping on the side of the road, then catching up with the group. She even went out by her tent one night at Denali, only to learn that there was a polar bear sighting there within the time she was out. Is there any reason some of us have grey hair?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Man, that's shitty!
I hope u feel better Lexi's mom.
Increased water and exercising should help.
I am also one who won't use a public bathroom. When I am on the floor during clinicals, sometimes I get too busy to take a pee break, then when I get home my bladder literally hurts cause I held it over 12 hours.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Nicolle916@Mar 2 2005, 03:29 PM
I used to have this problem until I lived in the dorm my freshman year of college and had community bathrooms.  You were forced to use the public restroom.  Girls would bring in a walkman and it really does help to listen to the music and block out the idea that you are in a public restroom.  I also worked at a summer camp and shared my bathroom (with no door...just a shower curtian) with 8 7-year old girls!  I would go only after the girls went to bed or before they woke up.  I had a fear those little girls would all barge in on me and I just couldn't go!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39317
[/QUOTE]
That's exactly why I didn't dorm...it's pathetic, but true. I spent most of my years in college driving the 60 miles between school and home. Public toilets are a serious phobia of mine. My bf lives 50 miles away, so I'm used to taking drives...I'm lucky that Peanut loves car rides, I hope my new pup will like car rides too.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Go eat a banana! HAHA...I hope you feel better girl. Your body is use to healthy stuff now!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts