Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuffy has a bunch of toys and bones and things to chew on and I usually leave them all out all the time. But I've read that it's good to rotate them out. What do you all do with their toys? Do you leave them out and take them up after a while. of you do you always have them left out?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I leave Lexi's out. She doesn't really have a favorite, so she will play with all of them. A couple of months ago I bought a small rubbermaid container to use as a toy chest. But the toys never stay in there. As soon as I get the toys picked up she goes over and starts taking them out again. I've finally just given up on picking up her toys. They are spread out throughout the entire apartment.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
we have a basket in the dining area, a basket outside and around 3 large trash bags in the garage of toys. we have a lot because whenever we go to petsmart, we always buy at least 2 toys and then when we go to 99 cent store we get some more toys....they're spoiled!! anyway, yeah, we'll go in the garage every once and while and grab some toys they havent seen in a few months. they think they're new toys that we just bought. lol. so its pretty neat to rotate them and see them play with toys they havent seen in a while.

·
Registered
323 Posts
We have a BIG basket that is in our livingroom and it is on the hearth of the fireplace so they climb up on the hearth and pick out what they want to play with and every few days we pile them all back in so they have to work for them
. However, Sophie comes over from next door and drags her toys over and drags theirs back home, so we usually have a trail of toys between the two back yards on any given day....guess they enjoy the variety...

·
Registered
939 Posts
We have a basket in the living room where we keep Tiki's favorite toys, in the corner is a pot (one of those mexican style pots, on it's side so he can see in) that we put the others in.... he will often go to the pot, stand on his hind legs and start pulling toys out, when he can't reach something he looks over at us and huffs or barks until we get up and get one out.

It is so cute, he looks like an Ewok when he stands on his hind legs

Judi

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
How funny this was posted!!!! I was just saying last night that Tini likes her area of the house to be clean. She puts her toys in her crate and will take out which one she wants to play with. My boyfriend and I tested it last night because she would walk into her crate with one and come out with another...

I'm thinkin Tini may have a little OCD. :excl: Just makes her unique.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Maxi has a big toy box with roughly 200 toys and bones ( because im totally sick in the head when it comes to him) anyway he has them all over the house i notice every few days he favors a new one...I think what i did wrong is i spoiled him with too many and he doesnt know what to play with first ...I will say he favors bones and stuff more so than the toys but my neighbor he does the right thing he gives them toys when he leaves in the morning and than takes them away when he comes home so this way they appreciate and associate them with him being gone during the day....As for me and maxi i totally pay rent and maxi lives in the house lol but he is a good boy and he loves me and as long as he is good with other people and pets thats all that matters

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Maxismom@Oct 28 2004, 03:59 PM
Maxi has a big toy box with roughly 200 toys and bones <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13741
[/QUOTE]

:eek: OHMIGOSH!
Evidently I don't spoil Brinkley quite enough...he is deprived! :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Oct 28 2004, 03:56 PM
How funny this was posted!!!! I was just saying last night that Tini likes her area of the house to be clean. She puts her toys in her crate and will take out which one she wants to play with. My boyfriend and I tested it last night because she would walk into her crate with one and come out with another...

I'm thinkin Tini may have a little OCD.  :excl:  Just makes her unique.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13738
[/QUOTE]

LOL! You are so lucky! Tuffy just dumps his toys wherever whenever he gets tired of them. Every time I try putting them away in a basket Tuffy will start pulling them out and dumping them all over the house! If I do manage to get them into a basket he'll find a way to tip the basket over so they all fall out.. he is a little rebellious! :lol: So I've pretty much given up on having a home without toys scattered all over the floor

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79+Oct 28 2004, 04:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-nataliecmu
@Oct 28 2004, 03:56 PM

I'm thinkin Tini may have a little OCD.  :excl:  Just makes her unique.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13738
LOL! You are so lucky! Tuffy just dumps his toys wherever whenever he gets tired of them. Every time I try putting them away in a basket Tuffy will start pulling them out and dumping them all over the house! If I do manage to get them into a basket he'll find a way to tip the basket over so they all fall out.. he is a little rebellious! :lol: So I've pretty much given up on having a home without toys scattered all over the floor

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13751
[/B][/QUOTE]
Brinkley does the SAME thing when I am trying to pick up!!! :wacko: When I am wanting to vacuum or something it REALLY bugs me!!!!!!! :wacko:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts