Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who bought your puppy from a pet shop, this link provides a search so you can find out the origin of your puppy. I think it also works if you bought a puppy from a broker. It's been an eye opener and shocker to many people.

http://www.nopuppymills.com/

I gal on another forum got her little female from the husband of a friend who "happened" to have a little 4 month old puppy there one night when she came to visit. She fell in love, of course. She thought she was buying a well bred puppy from a top breeder who was selling her only because it looked like she might be too small, below the standard.

She traced her to one of the largest puppy mills in the midwest.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Oct 25 2004, 12:47 PM
For those of you who bought your puppy from a pet shop, this link provides a search so you can find out the origin of your puppy. I think it also works if you bought a puppy from a broker. It's been an eye opener and shocker to many people.

http://www.nopuppymills.com/

I gal on another forum got her little female from the husband of a friend who "happened" to have a little 4 month old puppy there one night when she came to visit. She fell in love, of course. She thought she was buying a well bred puppy from a top breeder who was selling her only because it looked like she might be too small, below the standard.

She traced her to one of the largest puppy mills in the midwest.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13186
[/QUOTE]
HI THANKS I FILLED OUT THE FORM

·
Registered
831 Posts
That website is wonderful, very informative. Their forums are also great.

I have also filled out the form to trace where my girls came from. I got one answer from the gov. dept that handles that, that was back in January, and stil have not received any docs from them? I will email them and call them again

·
Registered
831 Posts
Very sad story. I too cried when I read it.

But is true, when you but a pet store puppy....Just think where is the mother or father of that pup?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Originally posted by ilove_d&m@Oct 25 2004, 05:40 PM

But is true, when you but a pet store puppy....Just think where is the mother or father of that pup?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13223
[/QUOTE]
well i got my puppy report today and the store lied tome not that i am surpriseed they told me my chico was from a breeder in ct. he is not he is from mo that makes me mad he was brought from mo to ny 35 puppies in the bunch june 20 and i adopted him 1 month later my poor baby i am sure he didnt have a great newborn life and now i think of his poor mom and dad oh that makes me so sad ~ Denise

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico+Oct 28 2004, 06:35 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ilove_d&m
@Oct 25 2004, 05:40 PM

well i got my puppy report today and the store lied tome not that i am surpriseed they told me my chico was from a breeder in ct. he is not he is from mo that makes me mad he was brought from mo to ny 35 puppies in the bunch june 20 and i adopted him 1 month later my poor baby i am sure he didnt have a great newborn life and now i think of his poor mom and dad oh that makes me so sad ~ Denise
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13771
[/B][/QUOTE]
I'm glad you have given your pup a much better life! Are you going to contact the store when your purchased your puppy? I certainly would and I would also contact the BBB and your state's Attorney General. Do you have a contract or bill of sale which states what you were quoted? I would also forward the information to PETA and your Humane Society. This is the kind of stuff that really gets my dander up....if you couldn't already tell! Again, I am glad that your pup is with you. I just hope that the other 35 pups were as fortunate.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Originally posted by ilove_d&m@Oct 25 2004, 05:40 PM

[/QUOTE]

with my previous message I don't mean to criticize anyone who purchased their baby froma petshop.....
I said that because I always thing of my girls mom and dad I always pray for them

I didnt get my girls from a petshop. at that time when I got them I didnt know much about reputable breeders. the lady who sold me my girls she is a byb...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts