Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wonderful parents came into town this weekend to visit my husband and I (and the dogs!) and we are having a GREAT time...but...the dogs are SO misbehaved when they come over to our house by barking nonstop out of excitement, etc...

...so bad...that my parents asked to pay for obedience classes for both of them! :brownbag: I had told them I've been wanting to take them for so long but just haven't gotten around to it. I am well aware of how obnoxious the dogs are, and I am so embarassed to have people over, etc. I am definitely not in denial about it! :w00t:

Anyway, both dogs are now funded to take obedience classes. They will each be attending 6 sessions from APDT certified persons.

My question is this: Is it best to have them both go at the same time? I don't mean in the same class, but both be going at the same stages? Like, maybe I take London on Mondays and Preston goes on Wednesdays or something like that.

Or...should I finish one program with London, wait until she graduates, and then take Preston? I would think it would be better to have them both go through the same sessions at the same time, but I wanted to ask before I register them.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Well, most of the training you will get is actually training for you. Is your husband interesed in participating? Why not go together so that you all approach the training with consistency?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are absolutely correct that most of the training/learning will come from my daily work with them. I am 100% on board and ready to dedicate the time it takes to do this, but I always love having classes to go to because it does help hold you accountable for the week's "homework/practice". :)

I am planning on continuing going to classes with both dogs after this initial program as well.

I did briefly talk to my husband about attending the classes with me so that we could bring both dogs to one class, and depending on the time of evening they are held he said he would be happy to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts