Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that there are two dogs in the house, it has miraculously occured to me that maybe I should do some basic training with them (i know, dense of me to wait so long, but better late than never right?). What's your favorite book for this?

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I think Jean Donaldson's The Culture Clash is a nice introduction to dog behavior and also has some nice basic training information.

The best instruction is in person. It really helps to see how to do things and to have someone who can trouble shoot for you. I would enter a basic obedience class and take each dog separately (either to 2 different classes or do 1 dog one session and the next session the other dog).

Definitely separate them and work one-on-one with each dog. It will help them focus and is also good bonding time.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks JMM! I will definitely get the book, but as far as a real class, I'm still looking. The trainers where I live are idiots, I have spoken to several and somehow I get the impression that they either don't like dogs or are just plain cruel, but I'm still looking. I will order the book pronto though

Lexi's Mom, I'm glad it's not just me too
Having two is such an adjustment, a lot of fun, but sometimes I feel like this...
Its so good to have the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts