Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to taking a family trip in about two weeks and are taking our four month old puppy with us. It will be a four hour drive. Where we are going is a pet friendly place and a lot of the restaurants have outdoor patios that are per friendly and some of the shops allow pets inside. My husband really wants to try and bring her along with us a lot but I am not so sure. She is a four month old puppy who gets very excited around anyone. We bought a stroller but it hasn’t come in yet. I’m hoping that when it comes in I can introduce it to her before our trip.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on the long car ride and trying to take her around with us?

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Socializing Sugar by exposing her to a range of experiences and environments is very important but make sure she doesn't get overwhelmed by too much noise or movement her first few outings. Perhaps she would feel more secure if you hold her instead of having her in the stroller. :hiding:

Safety in the car:
Keep Sugar safe! ALWAYS make sure she is in a car seat carrier when going anywhere in the car. Many of us here use the SleepyPod. :two thumbs up:

Car Sick:
Many puppies get nervous or car sick when riding in the car. Before your long 4 hour trip try going on some short trips - starting with just around the block then getting longer and longer and see how she does in the car. :eek2_gelb2:

Before Sugar is around any other dogs make sure she has had her immunizations . :wub:

Others here on SM may have additional ideas for helping you prepare Sugar for your upcoming trip. Theres a big fun world out there for Sugar to explore - HAVE FUN & Please keep us updated and take pictures to share with us.
:happy::Flowers 2: :party:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts