Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone else watched the HBO series Treme.

I really enjoyed it, being from New Orleans and having had the experience of Katrina, but there were so many things unique to New Orleans that I thought only New Orleanians would get I was curious if anyone else watched and what they thought.

If not, I would highly recommend catching it next season or catching the reruns if they rerun it.

I had never even heard of Khandi Alexander before, but she has a new fan - that girl can act. Wendall Pierce I knew of since he is a native New Orleanian, John Goodman is an adopted native and I love him, and also new to me was Clark Peters who was phenomenal as the big chief. Oh, and Phyliss Montana-Leblanc. I could go on and on. Oh, and all the local musicians and music. I'm sure they'll be available in re-run which I'm sure I'll watch again.

Anyway, just wondering if there are any other Treme fans on SM.

Linda

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
I really wanted to like this series. I usually love anything that HBO does, but this one didn't catch for me. I am not a New Orleanian, but have visited and loved it! Love the city, the people, the food, the music....everything. But I still couldn't get worked up for Treme. I love True Blood and so many other HBO series. And can't wait for the new one, Boardwalk Empire from Martin Scorsese. Also can't wait for Entourage to come back!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I'm going to look out of this (we dont have HBO and Hbo Asia is completely different than regular HBO- but I can buy movies for $1 here and whole series for about $5 on the street)- so I'll try to check it out. I'm really out of touch of the US series so I love to hear about what is new.

I usually love all the HBO ones. I love love Curb Your Enthusiam, True Blood. I've really tried to get into Entrougage, but I can't for some reason..everyone else I know loves it.

I love New Orleans though (my stepmother is 9th generation from NO- and let me say the woman can cook!!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts