Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Izzy always has short hairs around her eyes. I don't want to trim them because then she will always have short hairs growing in. Will they eventually grow long enough to catch all of it up in a rubber band? How do you handle it?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I trim. They look as if they are all long and in the ponytails, but they are not. I waited for Shrek's to grow long, but new baby hairs kept growing in and his vision was obstructed. Now I cut his bangs very short near the eyes (but keep long hair and topknots). I've been trimming Sylphide's hair near the eyes and bangs for over a year now.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by 20202@May 19 2005, 11:43 PM
Izzy always has short hairs around her eyes.  I don't want to trim them because then she will always have short hairs growing in.  Will they eventually grow long enough to catch all of it up in a rubber band?  How do you handle it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63670
[/QUOTE]

Thats what I am doing now too and it looks awful. I hate that all Phoebes baby pictures are going to have those hairs, but I dont want to always have to cut them either. The ones in the corners of the eyes are the worst, and they are stained, so it looks like she has a red rainbow between her eyes if I brush it up
I am just going to see how it goes and hopefully I can last until it reaches the pony.

P.S. LOVE the new IZZYPICS!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I also keep the hair close to their eyes trimmed.It can cut back on tearstaing,and then its not pokeing them in their little eyes.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I cut Sis's short, they really bother her. She hates a top knot anyway (she is NOT the frilly type) and keeping it short works for her. She is able to see where she it going and I keep them short enough to keep from poking into her eyes. Her tear staining has gotten MUCH better because her eyes are not constantly being irritated.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I trim!!!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
At first we were trimming the hair, but now I am letting it grow. It's been about 6 weeks and we finally have enough hair to brush down onto her nose or up into her brow line. I hold it in place with a dab of gel. I'd say in another 5 or 6 weeks it should be long enough to catch into the top knot. I have noticed that she is much more comfortable since we stopped the trimming. Maybe the hairs were poking her too much? She doesn't seem to fuss much with it any longer.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I trim too. I have no patience! I'm the girl that says she wants to grow out her hair, and then the next day I have it all chopped off
I just figured in a few months when Tic get's neutered the vet is going to shave off lots of hair, so we can start over fresh after that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I gave jojo one cut at 3.5 months, I was told that you should cut the baby hair off so it grows with less of a cotton effect, (has anyone eles heard this?) Anywho, I'm hoping that jolies tears will get better so it can grow out, she 7 months, maybe it cause shes teething?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts