Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Colette went in for a trim about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I asked that the groomer put her back to the way she was when I first got her in August. She looked BEAUTIFUL! The groomer also had her all decked out for Halloween. OK. We're not even at Halloween and we have a mop runnning around the house! I swear that if I get bored, I can just sit and watch Colette's hair grow! Her hair is still nice and neat around her eyes, but what a body!!
I wonder if she should be clipped just a tiny bit shorter.........or, is it possibly that with winter coming and the temps getting colder, that her coat is growing in faster? She's also 5 1/2 mohs old, so perhaps we can also factor in the fact that she may also be getting her adult coat. Any ideas? What happens with those of you that do not let your Maltese's coats to grow long?
Will close now.......Miss Shag wants attention and is pawing my leg.

Gail, Furby's Mom

·
Registered
382 Posts
I clip Bentley down twice a year (In January and June) I do it myself and I use an F4 blade. His hair grows so fast! He doesn't spend much time outdoors in the winter. Just quick potty trips and the cold doesn't seem to be an issue. We do have mild winters for the most part, very few days getting below 20.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I keep Tiki in a medium puppy cut. I trim him myself about every 6 weeks with scissors. I know it is time for a trim when he starts getting more matts than I can deal with during his once a day (or every other day
) brushing. I will often trim around his eyes though.

Judi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts