Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. MuShu is only 15 weeks and he had his 1st visit to the ER. He was hacking and looked like he was choking (He had intelligently chew up a few pieces of Carpet). Then he threw up on the way to the Vet. I was pretty much a mess by that point. He got an X-Ray and now everything is fine. I guess he threw up whatever was in his throat. But...It cost me $155. Is that alot for an X-Ray? Maybe I should consider Pet Insurance? Any thoughts? Anywayz...I'm just glad he's ok.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
awwww. That's just what they do...eat something they shouldn't and then hack it up. I'm sorry to hear this. We don't have pet insurance. We just have an emergency pet fund set aside.

Poor MuShu. XOXOX's from ButterCloud and Noriko!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I have pet insurance. A lot of people don't recommend it but I just feel "safer" having it. It is from Veterinary Pet Insurance Co. (VPI). My guys like carpet, too. At least when they were puppies they chewed it. I'm glad he threw it up and I know how scary it is when they are not well. I'm so glad it turned out OK.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Poor MuShu!
I'm so glad everythings ok. I don't have pet insurance, but I have been considering it. Bella and i also went to the ER not to long ago and it does make you wonder if you need insurance. For now, I just keep a credit card empty for Bella in case of emergencies. Someday when I am less broke I might start her a savings account for the vet, but that will be awhile from now

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I'm glad MuShu's okay. It must have been so scary for you. I don't have pet insurance, just a special savings account for the dogs.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Oh I am so sory, but I am also very pleased MuShu is ok. We don't have pet insurance either, so far we have been very fortunate with Scooby as he is healthy and I do hope he stays that way, but you never know with these little guys, they can get into all sorts of mischief. Scooby has taken to chewing up his little latex toys so they are now only available when we are there to watch because he ate the head off his rubber duckie one day and was sick too, but he brought up some and seemed fine then the next day the rest came out the other end.
We sure do have to keep an eye on our little furkids that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
When Alex was little he throw up a huge piece of something. I dissected the thing (yuck) and it came to be the elastic that was around a pork roast. THIS WAS IN A HIGH GARBAGE CAN. I still cannot understand how the little stinker could get it, small as he was. Needless to say, garbage cans that contain anything else then paper are now closed at our house. I don't have pet insurance either. But Alex being now 8 years old it is a little late to get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts