Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched threads but didn't see very much about this and what I found was over a year old. I'm curious how much experience our SM family has with tripe. Dehydrated, raw or canned. I have on occasion given Dr. Harvey's Power Patties which are dehydrated tripe, stinky but the girls seemed to like it. I am concerned if the cattle the tripe comes from are free range and that no hormones and/or antibiotics are used on them. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I have heard good things about it yet never used it. It is suppose to be very nutritious and it is used many times to get dogs to eat that will not eat as they love it

i hear it is REALLY STINKY THOUGH lolllll

I know some have fed solid gold tripe

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
It was really big in Europe when we were there. I think that I had learned the name of it in Italian so I'd be sure not to order it. :w00t: Never thought about it for Tyler but not wild about things that smell bad and neither is he.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I give my dog tripe and he loves it. I use Trippet canned and recently bought some freeze dried, but haven't tried that yet.

But it does smell horrible!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I have heard all dogs go crazy for Tripe. Yes, very stinky, but, it's good for them and very rich, if I'm remembering correctly. Green tripe is preferred over white tripe. If I fed it, I could only feed a very small amt, or, I would have bowel issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts