Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the groomer lady came this morning and she wrapped him all up. She told me that this would keep his hair from breaking. She used Pantene shampoo and conditioner, even with my petsilk and bless the beasts package, and applied neutrogena oil before the wrapping.
Any suggestions will be greatly appeciated.

He looks kind of funny but still cute to me. Poor baby!!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually it`s not that much work and i really enjoy the daily brushing. He doesn`t mat much and his hair is silky but i would like to see more volume, more hair.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It`s been 6 hours since the wrapping and he looks like a stray dog (no kidding). If anyone has done this before, can you tell me if i should give up and take all the wrapiing off? HELP please

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I dont have any suggestions but I just wanted to say you little man is verrry handsome. He is perfect looking- just like a beautiful show dog. Really lovely.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Izzy is in full coat too. I'm not familiar with the wrapping, why did you want him wrapped? Is this something we should be doing?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
i'm no help either LOL but i just wanted to say that nacho has the MOST BEAUTIFUL eyes that we couldnt see before! what a charmer! the girly malts will be SWOONING in admiration, i'm sure!

the buttercup offers best grooming wishes to her fellow unicorn. today, her unicorn horn is off to the side.

totally rad, dude.

ann marie and the "like, no WAY! gag me with a spoon!" buttercup

(zoinks! sorry 'bout the humongus pic size! i thought i made it smaller!)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The wrapping was suggested by the groomer, so the hair is more protected and can grow healthy BUT i don`t think this is working very well for us. His tail and most of his head is free now, but it has the markings of the wrapping

Well, i guess i am just going to keep on looking for the right groomer.

Ann Marie: the buttercup looks gorgeous!!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by mmo@Oct 18 2005, 09:57 AM
The wrapping was suggested by the groomer, so the hair is more protected and can grow healthy BUT i don`t think this is working very well for us. His tail and most of his head is free now, but it has the markings of the wrapping 

Well, i guess i am just going to keep on looking for the right groomer.

Ann Marie: the buttercup looks gorgeous!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110857
[/QUOTE]
Will you be showing your puppy. I think few people here wrap there puppies hair and can provide some advice for you. I think they log on later at night.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, so i took the remaining little papers off and it`s HORRIBLE. Of course the hair is curly due to the wrapping so obviously at this time i wouldn`t want to do this thing again.
Sorry, just needed to vent.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I just wanted to say he is so handsome and so cute all wrapped up like that!

I would say if you were going to show him and had to have him kept clean before a show or something, then the wrapping might be necessary. How long did she tell you to leave those in? You'd have to unwrap and re-wrap them every day, otherwise the hair would break worse.

If you want to get those kinks out, mist the hair with some water and then brush and blow dry. Comb any tangles out first though

Aww, its not permanent at least

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Holliberry@Oct 18 2005, 04:40 PM
I just wanted to say he is so handsome and so cute all wrapped up like that!

I would say if you were going to show him and had to have him kept clean before a show or something, then the wrapping might be necessary.  How long did she tell you to leave those in?  You'd have to unwrap and re-wrap them every day, otherwise the hair would break worse. 

If you want to get those kinks out, mist the hair with some water and then brush and blow dry.  Comb any tangles out first though

Aww, its not permanent at least

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111002
[/QUOTE]

Oh thanks, that was helpful. I am really interested in getting his hair in a better shape.
Thanks for the tip, i´ll try that.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The Buttercup would like to tell Senor Nacho that he would even look handsome in the worst of hairstyles. Except a p**dle cut, she doesnt understand the random "poofs" on the butt that she sees on p**dles in shows. If Senor Nacho would like a shoulder to lean on (do dogs even have shoulders? i never know), The Buttercup is here to offer hairstyle advice to.
My question...is there a maltese club or show breeder in your area that might have some suggestions or recommendations? I'm sure if you explain that you are looking for help for your PET maltese and not one that they will be up against in the ring...they might be more accomodating LOL

Good luck, and noselicks to the handsome Nachoman!
ann marie and the "na-cho na-cho man...he's a na-cho na-cho maaaaan...." buttercup, closet Village People fan....

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by TheButtercup@Oct 18 2005, 05:30 PM
The Buttercup would like to tell Senor Nacho that he would even look handsome in the worst of hairstyles.  Except a p**dle cut, she doesnt understand the random "poofs" on the butt that she sees on p**dles in shows.  If Senor Nacho would like a shoulder to lean on (do dogs even have shoulders? i never know), The Buttercup is here to offer hairstyle advice to. 
My question...is there a maltese club or show breeder in your area that might have some suggestions or recommendations?  I'm sure if you explain that you are looking for help for your PET maltese and not one that they will be up against in the ring...they might be more accomodating LOL

Good luck, and noselicks to the handsome Nachoman!
ann marie and the "na-cho na-cho man...he's a na-cho na-cho maaaaan...." buttercup, closet Village People fan....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111021
[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, you made me laugh with the shoulder thing.
This groomer is supposedly (sp?) the one that takes care of a well respected yorkie show breeder`s dogs. I`ve seen them in the ring and they looked great but then again i am no expert and maybe the wrapping is the best way to go. I`ll keep looking.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts