Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I need help. I have tried to change my avatar about 12 times this morning but it will not let me. Here is what I did: Went to My Controls and clicked on Edit Avatar Settings. I then went to the Your image avatars and browsed to the image on my computer. I entered 100 X 100 for the image size and then clicked on Add this avatar to my profile. The updating window came up for a 10 seconds and then it went back to the Edit Avatar Settings window. In the Your Current Avatar section it showed my old image. Am I doing something wrong? I even tried setting it to I don’t wish to use an avatar. That didn’t work so I tried it that again but this time I logged out and then back in. I can’t figure out why it is not working.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Try not putting in the demesions part and select choose file. I accidentally added the wrong avatar and I also had a hard time trying to add the new one. I chose the no avatar (which didn't work at first) but kept doing it and finally it kicked in. Try also going out of the my controls and check one of your threads, thats what I did because it still showed the wrong avatar on the controls page but was the right one in the forums part.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Hey Lexi's mom,

You are using a huge image for your avatar that is over 1100Kb, it should really be about 15kb or less.

So when it works, it takes a long time to display, and probably is making it tough on other people to browse posts where you have replied.

Basically you have this really big image that your telling to display at 100x100 pixels, but it's not really any smaller, you need to actually resize the avatar to 100 x 100 then upload the smaller version.

I made a small one for you. This one is only 5Kb
Just right click and save the image below.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Nichole,

You have to use a program to create an animated .gif I use Adobe Imageready which comes packaged with Photoshop. If you have a few pictures online point me to them and I can make one for you

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GlamourDog: Thanks so much! That is what I was thinking. I have Photoshop on my home computer but I was trying to change the avatar while at work. Then I went out of town this weekend and completely forgot about it thanks though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts