Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased a Maltese from SouthernSilksPuppies.com . It's a breeder in Louisiana who breeds Maltese and Havanese. She has a nice website and seems professional on the phone but would like to confirm from other customers. If anyone has had any experience with this breeder please let me know. Thank You

Registered
Here is some info that might be helpful: Breeder in Louisiana - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Just from looking at the website, I would avoid them at all costs! Red flags galore. Just FYI, puppy mills often present themselves VERY well on website and phone--better than most show breeders! Good "customer service" does not equal a Maltese from a good place.

Reactions: Dixie's Mama

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that post that you linked but it's a little dated from 2009. Hoping to come across more recent transactions .

Super Moderator
I am extremely concerned that she is breeding tiny maltese who are not expected to achieve breed standard weight as adults. A responsible Maltese breeder tries to breed to standard and improve the breed, not aim for dogs weighing less than 4 pounds as adults or puppies she calls "no nose." These are both signs of potential health problems. I would pass on this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts