Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When sunny is trying to get my attention he will like start to snort at me lol if i dont respond he will start whinning then kinda softly barking, then finally he will start barking if i dont start playing with him.

Does yours do this? i think it is the weirdest thing ever

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Awww! :D When Caesar wants my attention he just kind of makes himself very noticable. He will just jump on my lap no matter what I have in it or what I am doing hehe, or just jump up at me if I am standing up. Also if he wants something and I am sleeping he licks my face, drives me nuts, so I will put the pillow over my head. Next thing I know I have a little cold black nose that found its way under the pillow...and then more licks!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
They sure know how to get your attention. Alex will stare at me, if I don't react he will let out a kind of bark and then run away, stop and look if I am following him. If I don't see or notice him, he will push me and do the same thing. Since it's home cooked food, we don't free feed. If he want's to eat, he has a way to tell us. It's like talking to us. And he then sit's between the refrigerator and his place to eat.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Does anyone baby sound like a bird? Kodie screams like a bird... it kinda sounds like a seagull. He does that when i dont pain attention to him and he wants attention.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Kodie@Mar 1 2005, 09:33 AM
Does anyone baby sound like a bird?  Kodie screams like a bird... it kinda sounds like a seagull.  He does that when i dont pain attention to him and he wants attention.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38860
[/QUOTE]

I have never hear any seagull sounds coming out of sunny lol

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Snort? lol They don't do that! lol When Cloud wants something, he ususally pats me with his paw and then when I say "what's wrong?" he starts to kiss me like crazy and then I say, "Wanna go outside?" he barks real loud and runs.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Feb 28 2005, 11:00 PM
Noodle does the snort, too.  He will also sneeze, yawn with a weird EEEERRRROOOOH! sound, and make his eyes so big that they almost pop out of his head.  Cookie does a baby bark (as opposed to her HellHound Bay) and if I'm on the floor....her favorite way to get my attention is to try to jam her tongue in my mouth, up my nose, or in my ear. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38797
[/QUOTE]

Brinkley makes that yawn sound too!!! Great imitation by the way!

His favorite way to get my attention is to scratch- scratch- scratch on my legs....that means he wants to be picked up..
Like a little baby...

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
parker makes an under the breath "woof" sound kinda like a little sneeze. he does that when he has to potty in the middle of the night. he knows i will wake up, but hubby never does grrr. so i gotta get up and let him out. ive tried to sleep through it but i sleep too light

·
Registered
249 Posts
Lately Harley has been flopping over on his back when I walk up to him for me to rub his belly. I guess its a surrender type thing.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Sylphide and Shrek both stare, growl, whine and bark for attention, but our Chihuahua mix Ozzy is a snorter and a grunter. He never, ever, whines, growls or barks at us--just makes deep breaths, wheezes, snorts and grunts. It took us quite some time to figure out that he was actually talking to us
Now we understand his vocabulary and listen carefully when we hear a deep breath--it usually means something

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Peanut sighs when we don't play with him. It's like one of those "Huhh, I'm bored mommy" sounds. I swear, he's a little person! He has quite a 'noise' vocabulary. He lets out a really low bark, almost under his breath when he has poo stuck to his bum. It's great that they can let us know what they want or need!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts