Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your babys go nuts when its your turn to take a bath? We give Caesar his baths in the bathtub with his little toys and he loves it. The last few days I have come home and relaxed in a bubble bath and Caesar just goes nuts wanting to get in. Also he stands up with his front paws on the side of the tub trying to lick all the bubbles that he can reach.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Nov 10 2004, 07:12 PM
Do your babys go nuts when its your turn to take a bath?  We give Caesar his baths in the bathtub with his little toys and he loves it.  The last few days I have come home and relaxed in a bubble bath and Caesar just goes nuts wanting to get in.  Also he stands up with his front paws on the side of the tub trying to lick all the bubbles that he can reach. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15894
[/QUOTE]


I think Brinkley and Ceasar are related!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by tlunn+Nov 10 2004, 07:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Caesar's Mommie
@Nov 10 2004, 07:12 PM
Do your babys go nuts when its your turn to take a bath?  We give Caesar his baths in the bathtub with his little toys and he loves it.  The last few days I have come home and relaxed in a bubble bath and Caesar just goes nuts wanting to get in.  Also he stands up with his front paws on the side of the tub trying to lick all the bubbles that he can reach.  

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15894

I think Brinkley and Ceasar are related!!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15907
[/B][/QUOTE]
LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Thats cute!! Wow, your lucky that your little guy doesn't mind getting his baths! Thats one of the things i'm worried about when I get a pup is trying to give him or her baths...
How did you get him to like it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by snoopychan@Nov 10 2004, 08:47 PM
Thats cute!! Wow, your lucky that your little guy doesn't mind getting his baths! Thats one of the things i'm worried about when I get a pup is trying to give him or her baths...
How did you get him to like it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15918
[/QUOTE]

I was worried about him liking baths when we first got him too, but it wasnt too hard at all to get him to like them :D . We started his baths early and we did them in the kitchen sink, our thinking on this was the sink is a lot smaller than a huge bath tub which may be scarey to such a little guy. I ran the water then i used a cup to rinse him i never used the little hose thing I thought that may scare him (now he gets his baths in the regular bathtub). Also we found toys that float can be very entertaining to him. :lol: After his baths he always gets cheerios and a dog breath mint which he loves. So i think as long as u start early and give them some sort of treat after your all done they will learn that it isnt such a bad thing. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Brinkley TOLERATES baths...I tried the toys in the tub thing...he wasn't going for it! He just wants to get the business done so that he can get blow-dried!!! He likes the blow-dryer!!!

He also gets a treat when all is finished...and sometimes in-between when it is taking a long time b/c of trimming/clipping too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by tlunn@Nov 10 2004, 08:58 PM
He likes the blow-dryer!!!

He also gets a treat when all is finished...and sometimes in-between when it is taking a long time b/c of trimming/clipping too!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15923
[/QUOTE]

I wish Caesar loved the blow-dryer, he just tolerates it. He would much rather have me let him run around like crazy and roll on the floor
. The only time he gets to 'air dry' is in the summer if we are outside and the sun is on him, otherwise he shivers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie+Nov 10 2004, 10:05 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Nov 10 2004, 08:58 PM
He likes the blow-dryer!!!

He also gets a treat when all is finished...and sometimes in-between when it is taking a long time b/c of trimming/clipping too!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15923
I wish Caesar loved the blow-dryer, he just tolerates it. He would much rather have me let him run around like crazy and roll on the floor
. The only time he gets to 'air dry' is in the summer if we are outside and the sun is on him, otherwise he shivers.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15928
[/B][/QUOTE]

Brinkley loves to do that too...sometimes I let him run around and do that for a few minutes while I get the dryer and the rest of the stuff ready-wears him out a little so he is patient for the rest of the job...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by tlunn+Nov 10 2004, 09:07 PM-->
Originally posted by Caesar's [email protected] 10 2004, 10:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Nov 10 2004, 08:58 PM
He likes the blow-dryer!!!

He also gets a treat when all is finished...and sometimes in-between when it is taking a long time b/c of trimming/clipping too!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15923


I wish Caesar loved the blow-dryer, he just tolerates it. He would much rather have me let him run around like crazy and roll on the floor
. The only time he gets to 'air dry' is in the summer if we are outside and the sun is on him, otherwise he shivers.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15928

[/QUOTE]

Brinkley loves to do that too...sometimes I let him run around and do that for a few minutes while I get the dryer and the rest of the stuff ready-wears him out a little so he is patient for the rest of the job...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15931
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes I let Caesar do his crazy wet puppy run before I blow dry him. I open the bathroom door and he will run like crazy on the bed roll around then run down stairs chase or jump on one of the cats then run around the living room, haha. Its like he gets this major energy burst after his bath.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Bella goes crazy crying when I take a shower. Most days she goes in her crate before I shower and she goes to sleep and I can slip out the door to go to work soon after. But every once in a while on the weekend I'll take a shower and don't have to go anywere so I just let her run free and leave the bathroom door open. She sits right next to the tub and cries the entire time I'm taking a shower...it's like it is painful for her!
Crazy dog!

Nicolle
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top