Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to give a gift to the vet as well as to her staff and I am completely out of ideas. I don't want to do the typical cookies or chocolates, but that is all I can think of. I thought of sending a bouquet of flowers, but that seems to be going overboard, in my opinion. I was just looking for something more like a token of my appreciation (I plan on signing it from Wally and Toby).

Does anyone have an ideas or suggestions? Does anyone else give to their vet?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Our vet and staff were so fantastic to my little Missy thru her trials and tribulations that I always gave something to the vet and staff. There are about 18-20 people on staff and all at one time or another were involved in Missy's care... and all were so very good to her.
I try to give something 'animal-themed". Sometimes I have given a separate "special" gift to Missy's vet, and the rest I wrap and put in a gift bag for them to just pass around.
Now we have Naddie and I still am continuing to do the same.
One year I found a company that made 'picture-soaps' and they had both dogs and cats on them. The picture stays the whole time of using the soaps. Another year I found a company that made "novelty" candles and they had dog one that was so detailed and looked more like a figurine than a candle. I aslo found a store that had little dog and cat holiday pins...since the majority of the staff are gals it was fine. I put in a few of the "lucky-dog" scratch-off lotto tickets NY had for the few gents.
This year I found some adorable dog and cat ornaments.
I usually try to do a plate of cookies too... they are the sugar cut-out cookies and I use a bone shaped cookie cutter. I do both the regular and chocolate and they seem to get a kick out of getting these.
I admit I'm running out of ideas....with a staff that large to get something that is "decent" and yet affordaable.
Ideas for the vet: I did have a "sculpture" created by Bears in Chairs . The "bear" was standing behaind the examining table.. The table had a little Maltese dog and Missy's name.. there was also a stethescope, a needle, and first aid kit, and a nameplate with the vets name.
This year I wanted to get her a darling framed print of a female vet ( sort of "cartoon-style") examining a little white dog ( not a maltese but cute) and the little dog was looking up at her so lovingly and trusting..I was so disappointed to find they were out of stock! I had considered the Normal Rockwell print of the little boy sitting with his little mixed-breed dog in the waiting room amongst all these other people with their pedigrees. it is very sweet... but so well known .. I don't know if she may already have it. So I am still "stuck" on her individual gift. Was thinking of asking one of the gals where she gets her hair done..maybe get her a gift-certificate . I did get a cute calendar of all sleeping puppies in case I don't come up with something better.
I'll be anxious to see others posts in hopes of finding a new idea!

Terry, Naddie and Angel Missy

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ideas! Keep 'em coming!

I am going out today to just look around and see if I can find something!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
ummm.... my mom makes these gift package things at our store for the holidays and I know one is PAW print themed... so I guess if you found something like that you could fill it with lots of little things.
I dunno i'm not good at gift giving.. haha.. I really liked how you included a picture of Toby for Kodie's secret santa... maybe a framed picture of Wally and Toby?

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Last year I gave our vet and staff Baklava and they loved it. I bought the big thing that Sam's offered and it is more than plenty for many people.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i'd enjoy an edible arrangment. lol. i think i've posted the site before. and they have some that are huge and everyone likes fruit.
well...i like it in chocolate. lol

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
The ideas are really good! I've been to my vet's so often lately that I should think about a goodie box, too.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
This year, I got the staff at my vet's office two holiday tins of personalized Hershey's miniatures and the front of the wrappers had a holiday theme and the back said something like "Wishing you a sweet holiday" and then it had my name and K & C's names. Of course, it has to be ordered in advance but maybe an idea for next year....

Wrapped Hershey's

I always get my vet something just for him. This year I got him a Swiss pen, which is a ball point pen that has scissors and two other tools incorporated within it. He loves gadgets. Over the years I've gotten him wine, personalized silver photo album, pen for his desk in a personalized wood box. The year that he euthanized Rosebud I got him a sterling silver Tiffany ballpoint pen with his initials engraved on it. You can tell I love my vet! He is just so wonderful. He always writes a thank you note and seems to genuinely appreciate the gifts. He often mentions them again when I see him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts