Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Dec 30 2004, 12:23 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lilly521
@Dec 30 2004, 10:34 AM
Just wanted to say that those friends of mine in thiland they said the wave came right up to their property but didnt even damage anything  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26283
They are very lucky!
I watched bits and pieces of the ABC news report last night...it was almost more than I could stomach.
Still seems SO unbelievable! My sister said she heard in one news report that the quake was so strong that it affected the rotation of the earth! What in the world?! I don't even want to think about the ramifications of that!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26350
[/B][/QUOTE]

My brother heard that the quake and tsunami moved an island 66 feet! How the heck do you move an island?!?!?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole+Dec 30 2004, 01:51 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Dec 30 2004, 12:23 PM
My sister said she heard in one news report that the quake was so strong that it affected the rotation of the earth! <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26350
My hubby said that in one report, they stated that it sped up the earth's rotation for good! :new_Eyecrazy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26385
[/B][/QUOTE]

I heard that it sped up the rotation by 1/millionth of second. They said it will not effect anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.