Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I see a report about this on the news, my stomach just rolls!!! Such an awful disaster from Mother Nature!!! SO many dead and missing...and absolutely no warning. Terribly scarey!!!
So far the death toll is over 23,000.
Lots of prayers and hugs to all those families that have people missing and/or dead.

Here is the link from MSNBC from today.Tsunami Report

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Triste@Dec 27 2004, 06:31 PM
I have read some of the reports, seen them on tv.... Nate Burkus from Oprah was in Sri Lanka when this happened. His friend is missing.
He and his friend were washed out of their room, Nate was able to hold on to the pole and then climb on a roof, his friend was not so fortunate.  It is so sad
  I mentioned this to a good friend a few months ago...flooding, major hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis...is someone up above us trying to tell us something?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25621
[/QUOTE]

:eek: My grandmother says the same thing!!! Especially when things like this (eathquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes) happen that are so out of OUR control!! But then she adds in things like the murder of that lady in Misourri, Lacey Peterson, 911, and the incomprehensible acts of violence that we as humans commit. She says they are all signs that should NOT be ignored. She tells me to go and read Revelations every time something like this happens. Very scarey!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Triste@Dec 28 2004, 03:22 PM
I was more or less trying to say that everything happens for a reason....and even if it WAS the end of the world coming....you shouldn't be worried...unless you are scared to see what the man upstairs has in store for you after his coming (should you believe in God that is.) I really don't want to offend or assume that everyone here would believe or be religious...as everyone is entitled to their own opinion! 

edited to add, we had -12 for Christmas morning and yes that is abnormal for Indiana but not out of our range for the season. We are going to have 50 by Friday. I look at it as some help w/ the melting process 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25833
[/QUOTE]

I heard ya girl...
I don't think anyone was offended, just sharing opinions.

As much as we don't like to think about it...for those of us that are Christian...God can and has become angry with his people in the past and has punished them for their sins. (lots of Old Testament examples) It is not something to take lightly. Not saying necessarily that these recent events are signs that it is the end of the world...but we should definetely consider them as attention getters. At least, that is the way I believe.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Lilly521@Dec 30 2004, 10:34 AM
Just wanted to say that those friends of mine in thiland they said the wave came right up to their property but didnt even damage anything  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26283
[/QUOTE]

They are very lucky!
I watched bits and pieces of the ABC news report last night...it was almost more than I could stomach.
Still seems SO unbelievable! My sister said she heard in one news report that the quake was so strong that it affected the rotation of the earth! What in the world?! I don't even want to think about the ramifications of that!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jan 4 2005, 09:55 PM
Just an FYI that Sandra Bullock, the actress, donated $1 Million to the American Red Cross..... nice to see someone in the entertainment industry being so generous.......

National Headquarters
2025 E Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20006

WASHINGTON, Monday, January 03, 2005 — In response to the recent earthquake and tsunamis devastating entire countries in southern Asia and eastern Africa, the American Red Cross is pleased to announce a generous $1 million donation from Sandra Bullock, one of Hollywood’s most popular actresses. These funds will support Red Cross response to victims’ needs in the affected region in the form of relief supplies, financial support and technical assistance. Bullock contacted the Red Cross last week to make this, her second million dollar gift, to the American Red Cross. She donated $1 million to the American Red Cross in the wake of the September 11th terrorist attacks in 2001.

“At this critical time, I am grateful to Sandra Bullock, for once again demonstrating her leadership, compassion and belief in our global humanitarian mission,” said Marsha J. Evans, President and CEO of the American Red Cross. “Sandra continues to enable our lifesaving work and is a model for personal generosity.”
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27717
[/QUOTE]

I like her anyway...I thought I remembered she had done something like that after 9-11...I am glad to see that included in that report.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jan 4 2005, 10:18 PM
OK tlunn, you'll love this 

I was on the Wal-Mart web site looking for the animal beds for Kodie's mom and saw this:

Wal-Mart and SAM'S CLUB donated $2 million to support the Tsunami relief efforts. The company also has collection points in all stores, clubs and online. Please join us in making a donation to the Red Cross.

Wow $2 Mil.... not bad!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27725
[/QUOTE]

Good for them!!!!! (and thanks for sharing that, because I sure didn't know
) Now where are the other big companies? Those people/countries need LOTS of help!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Originally posted by Nichole+Jan 4 2005, 11:34 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2005, 09:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Jan 4 2005, 10:18 PM
OK tlunn, you'll love this 

I was on the Wal-Mart web site looking for the animal beds for Kodie's mom and saw this:

Wal-Mart and SAM'S CLUB donated $2 million to support the Tsunami relief efforts. The company also has collection points in all stores, clubs and online. Please join us in making a donation to the Red Cross.

Wow $2 Mil.... not bad!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27725

Good for them!!!!! (and thanks for sharing that, because I sure didn't know
) Now where are the other big companies? Those people/countries need LOTS of help!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27737

[/QUOTE]
Go Wal-Mart! LOL

It is always nice to see that even though Americans get a bad rap, that we are there to support others and other countries in a time of need--it makes me proud to be an American!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27740
[/B][/QUOTE]

I heard this morning that Colin Powell and Governor Jeb Bush of Florida had gone to Sumatra (I think) and the devastation floored Colin Powell...said it was worse than anything he had seen in a war. They said the US is sending more helicopters of aid over to deliver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.