Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I have read some of the reports, seen them on tv.... Nate Burkus from Oprah was in Sri Lanka when this happened. His friend is missing.
He and his friend were washed out of their room, Nate was able to hold on to the pole and then climb on a roof, his friend was not so fortunate. It is so sad
I mentioned this to a good friend a few months ago...flooding, major hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis...is someone up above us trying to tell us something?

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I was more or less trying to say that everything happens for a reason....and even if it WAS the end of the world coming....you shouldn't be worried...unless you are scared to see what the man upstairs has in store for you after his coming (should you believe in God that is.) I really don't want to offend or assume that everyone here would believe or be religious...as everyone is entitled to their own opinion!

edited to add, we had -12 for Christmas morning and yes that is abnormal for Indiana but not out of our range for the season. We are going to have 50 by Friday. I look at it as some help w/ the melting process

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
They are expecting the death toll to rise ...nearly double...b/c of future disease from lack of sanitary conditions. I am saddened to hear that there is criticism going on about how much each country is giving for relief effort.
We should be learning from these experiences, not placing blame and anger. We should be more reverent of Mother Nature and also make sure that our loves ones are aware that they are loved as we don't know when our time is up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.