Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Dec 28 2004, 11:26 AM
Whenever a natural disaster strikes, people start talking about the end of the world.  I imagine that they worried about it back when the black plague struck and for every disaster before and after that.  It's a silly thing to worry about.  You are much more likely to get bitten by a mosquito and feel itchy.  People sometimes ask me if I'm scared living this close to North Korea because oh, my, what if they invade?  *roll eyes*  The upcoming yellow dust season concerns me.  But it's useless to worry about the big things.  If they are going to happen, they are going to happen whether you stress out over it or whether you just enjoy your life.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25759
[/QUOTE]

Hear! Hear! My parents were involved with an apocalyptic cult in the late 70s and the 80s who were convinced that the end of the world was near. They had "safe zones" set up across the world of places that supposedly wouldn't be hit by natural disaster. That's why my folks initially moved to the US. Well, the END date was set fo 1985--and it didn't happen, then 1991, and it didn't happen, then 1999, etc...I know all these people that set themselves up in the desert to be completely self sufficient, ready for the end...they spent most of their lives preparing for the end. Not me! My philosophy of life is similar to DMZ--I want to enjoy life while contributing as much as I can to society. And when the end comes...off I go

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.