Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that it is the right thing to do, especially since he has a retained testicle, but I'm so sad to do this to him. I dropped him off at the vet on my way to work this morning, and I will be off for the rest of the week to be with him. Please keep Tucker in your prayers that his surgery will go smoothly and for a speedy recovery.

G

·
Awww, I will definitely keep Tucker in my thoughts and prayers today. I know how you feel. I had Poochie neutered, microchipped and retained teeth removed in August. I couldn't concentrate at work at all. It's nice that you will be with him the rest of the week. Let us know how it goes for Tucker. I was lucky that Poochie recovered very quickly.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
You are definitely doing the right thing. We will certainly keep Tucker in our thoughts and prayers today. Let us know as soon as you hear anything.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I just know that everything will be fin. Hang in there and let us know how things go. I'll be watching for good news.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Such a hard day...my thoughts and prayers are with you both. Tucker hang in there buddy...tomorrow will be better and the next day even better.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The vet called and said that Tucker is in recovery and everything went fine.
I will get him after work. I really don't know what to expect. He is usually a very playful pup. How will I ever be able to keep him calm?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Msloke@Nov 22 2005, 12:36 PM
Glad he's doing well. 

How was he about being dropped off that the vet?  I'm sure that's not his favorite place after all he's been thru.

As for keeping him calm, I have no idea.  But tell us how you did it.  Sam is going in next month and there's NO WAY I believe I can keep him quiet.  He's like a runaway freight train at full speed. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=122328
[/QUOTE]
He usually starts howling right after we walk in the door. He did so well this morning...no howling until they took him in other room and put him in a cage. I was standing in the hall talking to one of the ladies that work there and I could hear him howling. I told the lady that's Tucker letting you guys have it.LOL

My hubby went to see him around 1:00. He said he was fine and the anesthesia had worn off. I can't wait to get off work to go get him. I'm so glad I took off the rest of the week.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by TuckersMom@Nov 22 2005, 01:00 PM
I will get him after work.  I really don't know what to expect.  He is usually a very playful pup.  How will I ever be able to keep him calm?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=122308
[/QUOTE]

He probably will be sort of quiet the first day or so. Be sure to get some pain medicine for a couple days.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Nov 22 2005, 02:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TuckersMom
@Nov 22 2005, 01:00 PM
I will get him after work.  I really don't know what to expect.  He is usually a very playful pup.  How will I ever be able to keep him calm?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=122308
He probably will be sort of quiet the first day or so. Be sure to get some pain medicine for a couple days.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=122404
[/B][/QUOTE]
Definitely will...I told them this morning when I took him in that I wanted the pain meds and also wanted to make sure they were doing the pre-op blood work. I didn't want to take any chances after everything else he's been thru.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Well, we are wishing Tucker a speedy recovery. That was hard, I am sure.
Are you having him wear the lamb shade?
I have been looking for alternatives for when Max has to get done.

Poor things, I dread going to the Vets. I held Max when he got his vaccinations last week. Now, when I go to comb his rear, he growls at me.

He thinks I did it to him.

Atleast, Tucker sees you coming to his rescue and bringing him home.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Whew! That ordeal is over. Hope the recovery goes real smoothly. It wasn't too bad for my girls - and I had them spayed at the same time.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, we are wishing Tucker a speedy recovery. That was hard, I am sure.
Are you having him wear the lamb shade?
I have been looking for alternatives for when Max has to get done.

Poor things, I dread going to the Vets. I held Max when he got his vaccinations last week. Now, when I go to comb his rear, he growls at me.

He thinks I did it to him.

Atleast, Tucker sees you coming to his rescue and bringing him home.
[/B]
Actually the vet didn't even put a lamp shade collar on him. I was quite surprised. I was planning to buy the Bite Not collar, but never did. Although I have to say Tucker has been a good boy and hasn't messed with his stitches very much. He never calmed down either. The little booger has been just as hyper as always, running around like crazy, jumping up and down on furniture(much to my distress)...he never missed a beat, LOL. He acted like he never had anything done. When I picked him up from the vet, he jumped up into the chairs in their lobby at least four times before we got out of there. I kept trying to just hold him, but he struggled wanting down. I have been giving him his pain meds still, even though I don't think he really needed them. I did take him back in the next day, because he had some diarrhea and it looked like it had blood in it, but they checked him out and said he thinks it was just from stress from surgery. He's been fine ever since. Well, I'm just glad its over!!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Glad to hear Tucker's surgery went well! The vet didn't put a collar on Paris and she never bothered her stitches either.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Im glad he's recoverying well. Obi didn't need one of those collars either. Also, i never really thought he needed the pain medication but im glad he had them just in case. Good luck and i hope Tucker keeps recovering well (i know he will
)

·
Registered
802 Posts
WOW, I cant believe how well Tucker did. I hope it goes that well for Max. We have about 2 months to go.
Maybe he won't need the no bite collar? Maybe I will just get him a baby onsie.

I am so glad Tucker wasn't traumatized...he sounds as if he went through it like nothing....I guess nothing could be worse than the parvo experience.

Wonderful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts