Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tumbleweed just made his journey from Kern County Shelter in Bakersfield to our AMA vet in Hollywood. He is a darling little boy and using his back legs!!!! A group of strangers tag-teamed the journey, meeting up at various Starbucks to deliver him to our vet - awesome.

To refresh your memories this is the little boy who was hit by a car and has languished in Kern (high kill) Shelter for the past two weeks.

Tumbleweeds roll across the 5 and this little guy has rolled across the desert and gathered up hearts - hence the name, Tumbleweed.

Will keep you updated.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What an adorable little boy. This is the first I am hearing of him and I would like to donate a little something for his care. Please let me know where I can make my donation for this sweet baby.
AMA have a rescue section on their website with the details. Here's the link if you want to give directly via their paypal button on the site.

American Maltese Association

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bron - he adorable. So he's using his back legs? :chili::chili: What a great team relay to get him help. I love the name Tumbleweed. Little TW, you're safe now:)
Isn't he the cutest! And a very good little boy. None of the people who drove him own Maltese - just dog lovers who cared enough to make it happen. Gotta love people.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
I'm so glad that he made it to you. He is adorable -- in fact, I want him :) It's so wonderful that people worked together to make this happen. Dog lovers are truly the best.

Am anxiously awaiting to hear what the vet has to say.

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Oh my goodness, he is soooooo cute!:wub::wub::

And, I LOVE how he got to his final destination. Starbucks would love this story! :wub::wub: Who knows, Bron ... maybe they would even make some donations to AMA!:chili::chili:

·
Premium Member
16,777 Posts
Oh my goodness, he is soooooo cute!:wub::wub::

And, I LOVE how he got to his final destination. Starbucks would love this story! :wub::wub: Who knows, Bron ... maybe they would even make some donations to AMA!:chili::chili:
I think they'd love this story, too. Some wonderful and dedicated dog lovers!

Bron, he's a little doll and look at that smiling face, even with the pain he could be feeling. Such a love!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tumbleweed is a right gentleman.

Tumbleweed picked up a lot of foxtails and ear gunk on his tumble down the lost highway... but tomorrow he will get his day at the salon. I'm afraid a lot of his long coat will need to go - and what a beautiful texture his coat is. He is one handsome boy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
Gosh, Bron. Every picture of him is cuter than the last. Hair grows back, but you only get one life to live (I guess unless you're a cat) and I'm happy that he'll be living it with a loving family in the future. How much does he weigh?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Susan,

Tumbleweed is a sturdy 10 pounder. So handsome and in really good health surprisingly. Just finishing his video and will post soon.

Bron

1 - 20 of 22 Posts