Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had "Turdunkin"? We had it tonight and I have to say, it was delicious! They debone a chicken, duck and a turkey, put the chicken inside the duck and then put the two inside the turkey with dressing around each one! They turkey was sooooooo juicy! I had never heard of this before today!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Ok , now that is funny . I was watching As the world turns yesterday and one of the chaters there mentioned this dish, but he made it up to make his sister happy. I did not know it was a real dish. Are you sure they wern't watching the same show and desided to give the recipe a try?
I never heard of it before that. maybe I will search it on the internet. Anyway hope you had a good holiday

Looks like it's a real thing here is the recipe

Turdunkin
[
/quote]
Delivery Information

Typically, your Turducken will ship by your choice of either FedEx 2 Day or FedEx Overnight due to the perishable nature of the products. In the order process you will be given one or more choices on how you would like your order shipped depending on your location.

Your shipping price includes all preparation, packaging and handling of your order.Contact us if you have any questions about our delivery process. You can contact us anytime at:[email protected]

How to Prepare a Turducken

1. Cooking from frozen:
You may cook it while frozen solid. Remove from package, then place in deep baking pan covered tightly on the outer pan edges with foil, bake approximately 3 to 4 hours at 350°F or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Before slicing remove cotton string and begin slicing then serve.

2. Cooking from thawed:
Defrost instructions: Thaw in refrigerator for 3 Days, Remove from package, then place in deep baking pan covered tightly on the outer edges with foil, bake approximately 3 hours covered, then an additional hour, totaling ( 4 ) hours cooking time @ 350°F, or until internal temp reaches 165°F.

3. Quick thaw Method:
Place Turducken left inside package submerge in cool water for approximately 6 hours. Then Remove from package, place in deep baking pan covered tightly on outer edges with foil, bake approximately 3 hours covered, then an additional hour, totaling ( 4 ) hours cooking time @ 350°F, or until internal temp reaches 165°F

How to Slice a Turducken: Let it cool off for 20 minutes, Cut the Turducken long ways from head to butt (you will have two halves). Slice across from leg to leg, wing to wing. It will feed 18-20 people.

OR.....make your own Turducken based on renowned Chef Paul Prudhomme's recipe.[/B]

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope you had a good holiday too! I guess it has been around for years my girlfriends stepfather said it was the most expensive turkey he's ever bought! It was a hundred bucks! They got it from a caterer in a Polish neighborhood in Chicago. I guess they saw it on one of Martha Stewart's new shows. I don't like duck, but it made it so juicy and the flavor! Yummy!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
We had our Thanksgiven last month in Canada it is in October. Since our company supports the us at least it was a slow day
so not to much work. Anyway glad you had a great dinner.
well you learn something new everyday..

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Merrick makes this also for the doggies
The Buttercup likes it plenty, but it's no Thanksgiving Day Dinner!!! LOL

ann marie and the "is it dinner time again yet? my bowl is empty..." buttercup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts