Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy Cannoli!!!

Did you see this in the news?!?!?! YUCK!!! :yucky::new_shocked: :eek:Lives in Polynesia...He smokes 40 ciggys a day, started when he was 18 months old, apparently throws temper tantrums if he can't get his hands on a ciggy, and parents claim that he gets sick and dizzy should he not be able to smoke.

This is so incredibly wrong on so many levels. :angry:I simply don't know where to start. But one thing is certain....the parents should be locked up. Who in God's name is even lighting them up for him? Very precocious to say the least. I'm sure these people don't have access to world news like you or I do but really......

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I saw that and agree that it's horrible. Even worse that the dad actually put him onto cigarettes and when he was offered help to get him to quit, he didn't take it. I was amazed at how experienced the baby looks smoking - as if he was in a lounge and about to have a drink with that. Hope that's not what we'll see next.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw that and agree that it's horrible. Even worse that the dad actually put him onto cigarettes and when he was offered help to get him to quit, he didn't take it. I was amazed at how experienced the baby looks smoking - as if he was in a lounge and about to have a drink with that. Hope that's not what we'll see next.

You don't say?!?!?! I'm appalled - he was offered help?!?! I didn't read that.
I KNOW!!!!! DIDN'T HE LOOK AWFULLY EXPERIENCED?!?! Well, I suppose he had a lot of instruction.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I saw a news clip about this. It seems many children in different parts of the world smoke. It's part of their culture.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
this was not a child it was a toddler a baby , i saw this and i have soo much i wanna say that im just speechless , wtf was that is my question.. someone after seeing that news clip should interfere , that child needs help. this is not a big kid w choices its a baby , for gods sake i have a two yr old .. thats just sick

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
I looked up the video on youtube - I'm even more disturbed by it now!
Its just so sad - people like that don't deserve to be parents! How can someone give their 18 month old baby a cigarette and teach them how to smoke! I'm just shocked by this!

The video says the parents were offered a car if the baby stopped smoking but said no.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
He certainly handled those cigarettes well for an 18 month old. I'm not saying it's okay. I'm saying different cultures do different things. Who was to interfere?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
He certainly handled those cigarettes well for an 18 month old. I'm not saying it's okay. I'm saying different cultures do different things. Who was to interfere?
no i know exactly what u mean that kid looked like a pro , it was sick , im saying though dont they have child protective services or something over there , that kid should be rehabilitated n the parents charged , an adult taught this kid thats just sick:angry:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I may be wrong but this type of smoking does not appear to be part of this child's culture. Often, when children smoke because it is part of their culture its usually a hand rolled cigarette of some type with pure tobacco and other herbs, etc. This appears to be a manufactured cigarette.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Actually that boy is from Indonesia not Polynesia..and it's not 'technically' part of their culture although smoking is extremely prevalent throughout Indonesia (and the rest of Asia). The shock comes in when we project our western, middle class values onto another culture, case in point. Also, as with most Asian cultures, boys are highly favored and certainly in this case that little boy owns his momma and daddy!!

It's totally sad and uneducated what's going on with this...he also needs to lay off the Kentucky Fried rendang and get that little boy to eat his veggies!!

(rendang is an Indonesia dish)

·
Premium Member
319 Posts

woah ... crazy video clip. I've actually seen lots of photo exhibits with children, though not this young, causally smoking in Romania, Eastern Europe, etc. It's REALLY strange to see.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I have trouble believing this is a 2.5 yr old. The mannerisms aren't that of a toddler.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I have trouble believing this is a 2.5 yr old. The mannerisms aren't that of a toddler.
I agree. I know there is a disease where there are adults who still look like children, can't remember the name of it though. I understand cultural differences, but smoking at age 2, that is simply ridiculous :blink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts