Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyler had his annual check up yesterday and HE'S TERRFIIC :chili::chili::chili: I had the Bile Acid Test done on him. It was so hard leaving him there for the couple of hours and I was lost coming home to him not being there.:huh: Then I picked him up after freeing him from everyone's arms. They love him so there:) She got the BAT results today and they are totally normal. :aktion033::aktion033:
He is doing great as far as weight and general health. She thought he looked wonderful, bright eyes, great coat, checked all over him as well as his neuter site. However, I have to do a better job brushing his teeth. Great in front and front sides but the back has lots of tarter.:unsure:She wants me to work on it now that I saw it and if no improvement then a dental cleaning and check. I told her I'm home cooking and she worries about supplements and where they came from (China, lead in them, etc.) so I have to get her more info on Animal Essentials which I use. She talked about some Glucosamine study that showed in about 20 supplements tested, only 4 had glucosomine in them and some had lead. Tyler got his rabies shot (I have to check but think it was a three year). And then she wants us back after two weeks for Parvo booster. So we're really happy here.
I'm so relieved and had the BAT issue hanging over my head for months, just wondering. He has no symptoms or issues, but I wanted a baseline since that's a problem area for Malts, and I'm glad I got it done and know Tyler appears to look as good on the inside as the outside.:HistericalSmiley: Thanks SM for arming me with knowledge for our check ups:) BTW, I did take a list of questions with me. It helps so much because when I'm there I get caught up in what's going on.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,981 Posts
Great job Tyler! :aktion033::aktion033:
So, so happy w/you and Susan!
Kitzel sends warm love too!:wub:

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Great job, Tyler!

You'll have to let me know what she says about Animal Essentials supplements. I use A&E and also First Choice Naturals.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
:chili::chili::aktion033:Way to go Tyler. So glad that your check-up went so well. Your Mom takes such good care of you. :)

Sue - the teeth issue is so typical in Maltese. I brush the girls' teeth daily, but still Lacie had to have a dental when she was 4 and Tilly will probably have one next year too.

So smart to get a baseline with the BAT.

Tyler -- you're just one healthy Dude. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Thank God all is well. So happy for you.
xoxoxoxoxoox

Oh, I forgot. Yeah baby!!!!
xoxoxo

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
This is good news, indeed!:chili: I have a hard time reaching the back teeth, too. I'm trying the Leba III spray and it's working well so hopefully we can avoid the dentals at our house. Give your little man a big kiss from his aunties.:smootch:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
:chili::chili:Tyler not only are picture perfect so is you health!!:chili::chili: As for the Teeth, I too use Leba III. I swear by it. When I first got Liberty her teeth and breath were awful :blink:. I started using it prior to her getting her dental work, within a week her stinky breath went away. Your suppose to use it twice a day, no food or water 20-30 minutes prior or after. Because that is really hard for me in the morning I only do it right before bed. I have on my night stand, when all fluffs are up in the bed they each get a spray. Alvin and Chloe had tarter buildup on their back teeth, it's slowly going away. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Argghhhh - i wrote a whole long post, especially about Animal Essentials and must not have hit submit. I HATE when I do that. Too late now. Hopefully tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the congrats. Tyler got extra treats today:)

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
So happy Tyler's vet visit was a good one! I couldn't agree more...isn't it the weirdest feeling when you come home and there are no fluffs in the house? It's an eerie feeling.

Sue do you use gauze when you brush Ty's teeth? I found wrapping my finger in gauze allows me to get the back teeth better than using a toothbrush. No matter how much I brush though they still tartar especially Benny. He's had 2 dentals already and Emma hasn't even had one.

Give Tyler big kisses from me! I'm so happy he passed his checkup with flying colors!

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Oh way to go Tyler!! and Mom. Sue wonderful news. I am the same way, there are so many distractions, before being seen, and so many things you want to address with the vet, a list is awesome idea.

Wonderful news!!!

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Thats great news ...:chili:Always wonderful to hear...
I'm also interested A E I have been Baci has been taking them for about a month .

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So happy Tyler's vet visit was a good one! I couldn't agree more...isn't it the weirdest feeling when you come home and there are no fluffs in the house? It's an eerie feeling.

Sue do you use gauze when you brush Ty's teeth? I found wrapping my finger in gauze allows me to get the back teeth better than using a toothbrush. No matter how much I brush though they still tartar especially Benny. He's had 2 dentals already and Emma hasn't even had one.

Give Tyler big kisses from me! I'm so happy he passed his checkup with flying colors!
Tammy - that is how I brush Tyler's teeth - with the gauze but I really don't think I realized quite how far back Tyler's teeth go. :w00t: I think Tyler takes after me with the tarter build up. I have to find the Leba III to try.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Great job, Tyler!

You'll have to let me know what she says about Animal Essentials supplements. I use A&E and also First Choice Naturals.
Thats great news ...:chili:Always wonderful to hear...
I'm also interested A E I have been Baci has been taking them for about a month .
Marj and Kathy - about the Animal Essentials. I called them the other day and the woman who is most knowledgeable was at a vet conference and back next Thursday. I asked the woman I spoke to to send me some info to share with my dentist. She said that almost all of their products are from the USA but they do import a few things that aren't readily available here. The calcium is from sea kelp off the coast of Ireland. But she also said that they do get some of the minerals in the Multivitamin from China but that they double test them constantly and the labs they test in are here. So maybe they test the individual ingredient and then test the whole product here. She said they have certificate of analysis and also all the labs are inspected often and the head of the company drops in to surprise them as well. They test for any sort of contaminants, lead other metals, etc. She also gave me the e-mails addresses of the woman who is away and the head of the company Greg.
I don't know if any company does any better inspections than that but I know since Tyler's been on them he's been fine and the doc visit was great.
Marj - what's the story on that other company you mentioned? I looked on their website and I see a Made in the USA logo on the front but I couldn't find where they say they source things from.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts