Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you all know I'm usually on here every day but yesterday I was missing in action for a very good reason. My son was graduating college. :chili::chili: We had a terrific time and are extremely proud of him. He managed to graduate in 2.5 years instead of 4 years, thanks to lots of AP credits, full course loads and taking courses during summers. He's only 20 and he graduated with a double major of Economics and Political Science. Alas, Tyler couldn't join us (he had a playdate with his Havanese girlfriend Lucy), but we celebrated with family and friends.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
WOW, 2.5 years....AND a double major??? Very impressive! You did a fabulous job with him, Susan :) Congratulations!!!! And what great pictures of your family...you all are a good looking bunch!

·
Premium Member
17,468 Posts
Congratulations on a great achievement to Tyler's brother!
I think you mentioned before that he already has a job--commended!!!
Isn't it great when we can launch them to what they really want to do!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
:cheer::cheer:
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Wow your son is SUPER impressive doing double major in 2.5 years!! and I tell ya these two majors aren't easy. They're among the most popular majors here at my school, and the courses are challenging! In this coming May I will be graduating with a double major in Economics and Business Administration. I am graduating early with a lot of AP credits etc like you mentioned. I'm doing this in 3 years and everyone thinks it's crazy but imagine 2.5!! It's a feat that's unheard of among my classmates. Is he prepping for law school by any chance? My boyfriend is doing double in econ and poli sci too and he's geared towards law school.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Wow!! And I didn't even know Tyler had a brother!! You must be so proud!! What's next? Law school I bet!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW, 2.5 years....AND a double major??? Very impressive! You did a fabulous job with him, Susan :) Congratulations!!!! And what great pictures of your family...you all are a good looking bunch!
Thanks so much Nida. My son is very determined, when he wants to be. Thanks for the family compliment too. Not hard to smile yesterday.:)
WOW Congratulations! That is quite the accomplishment! I was wondering why he looked so young - 2.5 years is amazing! You must be so proud :)
Edith - yeah he even looks young for his age. It's so funny, at work he'll be there and someone will say to someone else, "What is he? Like 12." Drives him nuts but I heard that for years too when I started working.
Congratulations on a great achievement to Tyler's brother!
I think you mentioned before that he already has a job--commended!!!
Isn't it great when we can launch them to what they really want to do!
Thanks Sandi. Yes, he's been working as a weather producer at a New York tv station on a freelance basis since last year. In fact he got an on-air credit Christmas and New Years, the only time they take the time to do credits.
:cheer::cheer:
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Wow your son is SUPER impressive doing double major in 2.5 years!! and I tell ya these two majors aren't easy. They're among the most popular majors here at my school, and the courses are challenging! In this coming May I will be graduating with a double major in Economics and Business Administration. I am graduating early with a lot of AP credits etc like you mentioned. I'm doing this in 3 years and everyone thinks it's crazy but imagine 2.5!! It's a feat that's unheard of among my classmates. Is he prepping for law school by any chance? My boyfriend is doing double in econ and poli sci too and he's geared towards law school.
Thanks Sara. David almost did Economics and Business admin. He did really well -- all A's and B+'s except for Statistics. :angry: He lives and breathes Poli Sci so changed a major to that. He almost graduated in 2 years but ended up needing 2 courses this fall. Congrats on doing it in 3 years. So many students we know never finish or it takes 5-6 years! My son really thinks he wants to go in for tv (though with mom and dad in the biz we've tried to discourage it since jobs are disappearing and news is brutal) and he's been working freelance in tv news, so we'll see. He thought of law school last year, took the LSATs and said he did well but not super well so didn't want to pursue it. :blink:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
YEAH!!!!! I think he'll be incredibly successful in whatever he decides to set his mind to.
I can't wait to see what where he ends up!!! You have such a right to be proud parents!!!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
David could be President! What an amazing son you and Jim have!!! Handsome, smart and ambitious. Congrats again Sue!!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wow!!! Hats off to the graduate!!! Congrats on an impressive achievement!!:aktion033::aktion033: The smiles on your faces tells it all!! What a proud moment for you and your DH! Best of luck to David!! He has a bright future ahead of him!! :aktion033::aktion033:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
u most definitely have to be proud !!! that is awesome awesome , way to go !!!!! i love when i see dedicated young adults like that ... congrats to him and to u !

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
WOW! Sue, that's fantastic! I can just imagine the pride you felt yesterday!!!!!

....well...no I can't.

Congratulations to the Graduate!!!!! :aktion033::aktion033: :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033: Awesome! I'm so happy for you. He is so handsome. Great job! Wonderful pictures!:wub:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow!! And I didn't even know Tyler had a brother!! You must be so proud!! What's next? Law school I bet!
Yup Pam. A two-legged one:) Not sure about law school. We'll see how his tv news/weather career selection goes.
Wohooo ^_^ huge congrats to your son :D I bet he made mommy SO PROUD ;)

Hugs
Kat
Thanks so much Kat. Yes, we were all feeling really good that day and it was nice to have family and friends there too.:thumbsup:
Congratulations! He is a hard worker, good for him and only 20!
Thanks so much Brenda. He's also a bit of a procrastinator...okay more than a bit...so I'm amazed he pulled this off.

YEAH!!!!! I think he'll be incredibly successful in whatever he decides to set his mind to.
I can't wait to see what where he ends up!!! You have such a right to be proud parents!!!
Thanks, Erin. Somehow he got the smart gene but not the "clean up your room" gene. And now he's home and not in a dorm room. :smilie_tischkante:
David could be President! What an amazing son you and Jim have!!! Handsome, smart and ambitious. Congrats again Sue!!!!
God help us all Tammy if he's President. :w00t: Hoping his political ambitions aren't that high. Though his university has produced our current Vice President and his wife, and advisors Plouffe and I think Axelrod so it was the political epicenter over the past two years.
Wow!!! Hats off to the graduate!!! Congrats on an impressive achievement!!:aktion033::aktion033: The smiles on your faces tells it all!! What a proud moment for you and your DH! Best of luck to David!! He has a bright future ahead of him!! :aktion033::aktion033:
Thanks Lori. David was always a very smart boy and continues to be so going into manhood.
u most definitely have to be proud !!! that is awesome awesome , way to go !!!!! i love when i see dedicated young adults like that ... congrats to him and to u !
Thanks Liza. One piece of advice for any parent. When your child is in high school have him/her take as many Advanced Placement courses as he/she can. Because his university took the credits we ended up saving about $50,000 on his college ed. The credits are free in h.s.; thousands in college.
WOW! Sue, that's fantastic! I can just imagine the pride you felt yesterday!!!!!

....well...no I can't.

Congratulations to the Graduate!!!!! :aktion033::aktion033: :aktion033:
Thanks Pat. Tyler has stolen some of David's thunder but he got it back this weekend:)
Congrats!!! This is a huge accomplishment for him and your family!!! :clap::clap:
Thanks so much Diana. I know I don't share much about him on SM because he likes his privacy but I think this is an exception:)
:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033: Awesome! I'm so happy for you. He is so handsome. Great job! Wonderful pictures!:wub:
Thanks so much April. I think he's pretty impressive. Now let's see if he can predict this storm correctly. I think they'll call him into work today and tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
yes susan my eldest is a junior and ive been drilling this into her head,. she says it puts too much pressure on her but i stress that fact about it being free all the time , im going to make sure keep on drillling that into her head.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes susan my eldest is a junior and ive been drilling this into her head,. she says it puts too much pressure on her but i stress that fact about it being free all the time , im going to make sure keep on drillling that into her head.
Liza - it really was huge for us. If you need any info on "the college search" let me know via PM. Went through all of that not that long ago.:HistericalSmiley: The visits, the applications, the essays. We could always meet for coffee one day and chat:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts