Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please send some positive thoughts and prayers Tyler's way. I'm here in San Diego, due to leave at 7:50 tomorrow morning and my DH just called to say that he was picking up Tyler from the couch to let him down in case he needed the wee wee pad. Tyler jumped out of his arms and landed on the carpet but DH said he fell kind of strangely. So at first he seemed okay and wanted to play but now he's been limping on his back leg. He never cried or yelped. He's been lying down resting. It's 11pm NYC time so I told him to have him rest tonight and see how he was in the morning and if he was still limping to take him to the vet. I hope I did the right thing but I figured overnight in the animal hospital wouldn't make either of them feel better. Am I a bad mom doing that? I'm praying his knee didn't go out. I'm so worried and now I have a 6 hour flight ahead of me tomorrow.
It's so weird...when we were working today my cameraman almost hit a chihuahua. He was looking for a place to shoot in the neighborhood we were in and he didn't see the dog come out right in front of our truck.:w00t: I started screaming "watch the dog." He didn't see it but I screamed again and he hit the brakes and the little guy scouted out past us and across the street.Luckily we were wearing seatbelts. We saw someone grab him on the sidewalk so we were so relieved that we didn't hit him. So I saved one dog and mine ended up getting hurt. Strange karma.:bysmilie:

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I hope this is nothing serious and Tyler is alright in the morning. I know you're worried but I'm sure your husband will keep a close watch. Update us when you can.
Hugs and prayers to you & Tyler.
:grouphug:

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Aww I'm sorry to hear little Tyler got hurt. Hopefully he'll be perfectly fine in the morning.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
aw poor baby. I hope he's back to normal in the morning. You're not a bad mommy at all...it's really a good idea to wait until morning to see how it is. Unless, the leg is clearly broken or he isn't wanting to bear weigh at all on the leg, then it's usually recommended to wait and see. He might have just sprained it, or it could just be sore. It might feel better in the morning.

I've had two incidences with my dogs limping and being fine. Once Lacy was laying asleep in her bed and I ran upstairs to get something and came back down. And she was standing in the middle of the living room with her front leg in the air. She was limping and didn't want to put much weight on it. I checked it out and she didn't seem like anything hurt and over the next hour she started putting more weight on it and was totally back to normal in the morning. She went to the vet for her yearly checkup a few days later and the vet didn't find anything wrong either. I think she might have stepped off her bed wrong or something and it just hurt for a little white. The other was with Rylie..I went to pick him up and he slipped out of my hands just about a foot in the air and he landed wierd on the carpet. I felt HORRIBLE..he limped a little when he stood up and I picked him up and told him how sorry i was and rubbed his leg and then he was fine. So hopefully Tyler will be all back to normal soon too

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Sue, my Skipper wandered off the bed one night and I woke up when he hit the hardwood floor with a thud. He seemed a bit shaken but otherwise okay. Since it was 2 a.m. I put him in a Sherpa bag on my bed and he seemed okay with that. The next morning he was limping. Off to the vet we went, his back leg and foot were x-rayed, he broke a bone in his foot. My vet said that neither a bandage or a cast would help, he just needed rest and confinement. Four weeks later he was running around like nothing ever happened. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and Tyler.

MaryH

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sue, my Skipper wandered off the bed one night and I woke up when he hit the hardwood floor with a thud. He seemed a bit shaken but otherwise okay. Since it was 2 a.m. I put him in a Sherpa bag on my bed and he seemed okay with that. The next morning he was limping. Off to the vet we went, his back leg and foot were x-rayed, he broke a bone in his foot. My vet said that neither a bandage or a cast would help, he just needed rest and confinement. Four weeks later he was running around like nothing ever happened. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and Tyler.

MaryH
Good info. Thanks.

I hope Tyler is ok. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Positive thoughs coming your way. :wub:

·
Premium Member
8,118 Posts
Aww, poor Tyler. Poor Mommy and Daddy, too. I know it sounds like a load of crap, Sue, but, you'll be home soon.

I'm awake if you feel like talking, crying, laughing!! I'll pm you my phone #.
xoxoxoox

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh Sue, I am just now seeing this on Wednesday Morning. I pray Tyler gets up and is fine.........Bless his little heart and you so are far from home!! I will say prayers for him. Please keep us informed! :wub:

·
Premium Member
13,444 Posts
I would have done the same thing, I hope he is fine today. Jodi strained a muscle once and wouldn't walk, he lay down while on a walk and I had to carry him. He bolted on the leash with all legs rigid, barking at another dog and must have pulled something, he probably scared himself too. But not long after that he was fine.
Glad the chi was ok too, things like that make your heart stop.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.