Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When will this madness end? We are getting socked with more snow! It was 70 degrees yesterday (inland) and 46 here at the coast. And today, it's now snowing and I just heard that we're supposed to get upto six inches before it ends this afternoon. Isn't this MARCH? It isn't supposed to snow this late in the winter, is it? My poor tulips and daphodiles are starting to sprout and then this. I hope it doesn't harm them.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
oh no... where are you?

I for one love the snow but since I do prefer summertime heat and sun, I dont like being toyed with as we were also, yesterday. It was in the 60s here. This morning I woke up to an inch of snow and its in the teens again...

One blizzard I remember was near the end of March here in PA, so I dont start getting my hopes up until April.

stay warm!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I feel badly for you all. My A/C's are running. I played tennis this morning and sweated like crazy. I don't like to even see snow, except on TV. I guess I picked the right place to live - for me, for the winter. I'll be hating it this summer when it is 100% humidity and 99 degrees! :D

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We live at the Jersey Shore. This snow was a real mess today. What normally takes me 20 minutes to drive took over an hour. It got cold much faster than they had expected, so the wet road surfaces all froze before they were treated. ANd to boot, it's very very windy.

I am much more a summer person. I had to double up on my Faux Tan because I hate this weather so much!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
We are getting a "chance" of snow tonight/in the morning...We are REALLY hoping to get a "snow day"! We have 6 built in snow days...and so far, we haven't used any.
That happened last year too...and we just lose them! It really sux! So we are hoping for some kind of weather to get us out. In past years, we have actually gotten out several days before for rain/flood. We would even take that! Ha!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Mar 8 2005, 02:59 PM
When will this madness end?  We are getting socked with more snow!  It was 70 degrees yesterday (inland) and 46 here at the coast.  And today, it's now snowing and I just heard that we're supposed to get upto six inches before it ends this afternoon.  Isn't this MARCH?  It isn't supposed to snow this late in the winter, is it?  My poor tulips and daphodiles are starting to sprout and then this.  I hope it doesn't harm them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41158
[/QUOTE]

Nope should not harm them at all. That happened to us last year ... The flowers know how to protect themselves. It seems like they just slow down there growth if it snows again.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Mar 8 2005, 02:59 PM
When will this madness end?  We are getting socked with more snow!  It was 70 degrees yesterday (inland) and 46 here at the coast.  And today, it's now snowing and I just heard that we're supposed to get upto six inches before it ends this afternoon.  Isn't this MARCH?  It isn't supposed to snow this late in the winter, is it?  My poor tulips and daphodiles are starting to sprout and then this.  I hope it doesn't harm them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=41158
[/QUOTE]

Nope should not harm them at all. That happened to us last year . They boomed fine when spring hit
... The flowers know how to protect themselves. It seems like they just slow down there growth if it snows again.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
81 degrees here yesterday in sunny southern california-- today is kinda overcast but still at 80 --were still trying to dry out with all the rain we've had this winter. I want to live where there are seasons!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
The weathers kinda fluctuating down here.. gorgeous weekend and now its been crap - rainy and cold
But I'm still crazy jealous - I used to live up north and Im a sucker for snow haha

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I was born & raised in NJ, and have been living here in the Puget Sound area for 5 years. Today was 70 degrees and gorgeous. It didn't snow at all this year where I live. This area is temperate, and the rainfall isn't what people think it is. I LOVE the Pacific Northwest!!!! :D

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I just got back from dropping the kids at school. We left at 7:40 a.m. and I arrived back here at 9:15 a.m. It should only take about 30 minutes round trip. But while I was gone, the road in front of my house was closed due to two really bad accidents. I am on a major street and people drive way too fast. I saw the one accident happen. The other occurred after we had left. I must have passed at least another dozen accidents on the way to and from school. Please take this as a friendly reminder to all those who drive in snow....slow down! I drive an Expedition and even I was slipping in 4WD with my anti-skid whatever. Boy am I glad my husband insisted on that option.

To make matters worse, I just heard on the radio that we're supposed to have another snow storm on Friday.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I live outside of Cleveland. Monday it was 60 and yesterdays high was 23. Can't wait until spring! I am so sick of gray skies. I need to move somewhere were the skies are blue. Hubby told me if I can find a job in government (I work for a county, so I want to stay in the public sector) we can move. He can move his business anywhere. So I have 2 more classes to take and will have my associates degree so I am thinking about moving.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts