Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Aug 20 2004, 07:05 PM
I felt like such an animal abuser! 
  I can't believe that I never saw it!  I mean it was right on his head where I always pet him and kiss him! 
LOL..we will put you on the hot seat right next to Silinski... :eek:

That could happen to any of us. Brinkley is in a puppy cut, but I notice that around the bottom/back of his ears is prone to mat. Probably because it is not a common area to brush with much attention. I try to be better. At least now you know to watch out for that spot. It will be ok. Four inches...I am going to have to go measure Brinkley to see how far you got...LOL.

I think I want to try to grow his out for winter...just to see what his hair is like...texture and stuff. But I don't know that I want to put up with it either. And it may not matter. When does their adult hair come in?

Anyway, give Tobykins kisses from me and Brinkley. He will forgive you...I promise.

·
Registered
400 Posts
You're still a good parent! :lol: When I took Casper to get groomed he had a horrible one under his chin. His comb never even caught it. I guess it had built up. I never felt it when I was playing with him or anything!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Aug 20 2004, 07:05 PM
Okay, so a lot of you know that I have been growing Toby's hair long--it had gotten to 4 inches.  Well last night I looked at him and just had it with the long hair, I guess I am just partial to the short puppy cut. 
  So I decided to clip him last night.

Now, I do brush Toby, but not everyday (I brush him more to keep him comfortable with the idea) and when I do brush him there are never any tangles or matts.  So I get out the scissors and clippers and begin cutting.  So I was pretty much done and then I went to do his face.  Ohmigod, he had the worst matt right behind his left ear!  I took me over an hour to get it out and I still ended up clipping a huge chunk out.  I felt like such an animal abuser! 
  I can't believe that I never saw it!  I mean it was right on his head where I always pet him and kiss him! 

I guess my point is that these matts can show up anywhere--even in spots that you see on a daily basis!  :eek:  I hope it wasn't so bad that it was hurting him.  I just feel terrible...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=7267
[/QUOTE]

This just happened to us too.. I thought I was being really diligent about brushing Tuffy and all that and I swear in the last couple of days he has just matted everywhere overnight. I found some HUGE matts behind his ears and around his armpits (or leg pits :lol: ) He was so mad at me when I finally got done working those monsters out. What stinks is that after all that work, the next morning, he had ANOTHER matt by his ear. That just goes to show you, no matter how much you work at them, they still manage to pop up. Tuffy's hair is about 7 inches long now and I'm thinking that with all that hair I'm just not catching all of it when I brush him, so next week, he's getting a hair cut

1 - 6 of 6 Posts