Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you all for your responses to my earlier post. Aariana sent me some sites to read about the company I ordered from and there were only terrible reviews. She also sent me a site to find out if it was counterfeit(sp?) and it is. Ollie seems to be okay, but today I washed the area with Dawn before giving him his bath. On Monday I'm calling the company that makes FLPlus and see if they want me to send the stuff to them. Now I have to wait the 30 days before putting the FLPlus on him again. Guess I learned the hard way that the cheapest price isn't always the best way to go! Please pray Ollie (or any of us since we have been petting him, etc.) have any problems from this stuff.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am so sorry that you have this worry, shame on whoever is doing this !!! Hope everything is ok...

A few years ago there was human medicine that was sold to pharmacies for a cheaper price and was also found out to be counterfeit. Some patients suffered serious side effects ! The seller AND the pharmacies were to blame :angry:

I don't trust to buy any meds or vitamins, prescriction or not, online for myself or pets, too risky, and who knows what they are actually putting in it or if there may be long term effects that aren't showing up at the time it was given.

I feel more comfortable buying from my vet but don't like the high prices either.

That almighty DOLLAR $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Marj---Guess I'll be giving EPA a call Monday to find out what to do with it. Thank you for the article.
Did you click on the links I posted? #2 in the second link from the EPA says this:

How should I dispose of a counterfeit product?

If you discover that you have one of the counterfeit products, you should contact your local solid waste agency* for information on proper disposal in your community. Your local government may recommend that you take the product to a household hazardous waste collection program. If allowed by your local government, you may put the counterfeit product in your trash. You may also contact an organization named Earth 911 at 1-800-CLEANUP or Earth911.com - Find Where and How to Recycle to obtain community disposal information. Some general information about pesticide disposal is also available.
To identify your local solid waste agency, look in the government section of your phone book under categories such as solid waste, public works, or garbage, trash or refuse collection.​

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Debbie, read the links that Marj posted above. Might help you determine if it is counterfeit. Is BudgetPetCare.com in the US?

Thank you Marj for posting the links and thank you Donna for bringing this up, i have already used one dose on all of the kids and it was about 3 weeks ago. All of the directions are in english only, but it was manufactured in Germany so i'm thinking counterfeit. I'll call their vet on Monday and i'm also contacting the company because i spent close to $80 or more and i'm hoping for a refund, but not going to hold my breath waiting. I just can't believe i did something so stupid. :smilie_tischkante::smilie_tischkante: :smilie_tischkante:

·
Super Moderator
10,144 Posts
Folks - just saw the request to make a sticky. I'm going to do so - if you think it should be moved to the health and behavior section, let us know and we'll do that as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello folks! This is unfortunately not uncommon if you are ordering products outside of the US. I had a bad experience too with a Canadian place (wasn't for Frontline, but a different med), and now I do my best to order from venders that are IN the US, even if it does cost a little more at least I know my baby is getting the right thing. I just don't want to take that risk ever again. I also take the xtra step by figuring out whether the vendor I'm ordering from is licensed and regulated (whether they have a valid pharmacy license) even though Frontline is over-the-counter.

For the past year or so, I've been ordering from Californiapetpharmacy.com and while there's shipping involved and I might see some crazy cheap prices on some other site for meds, this place is in the US, licensed and inspected- not like those Canadian places where we're never completely certain.

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
Folks - just saw the request to make a sticky. I'm going to do so - if you think it should be moved to the health and behavior section, let us know and we'll do that as well.
Maggie - I would think that it should be moved to health forum since it's so pointedly a health related product.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tammy, there was no sign the company wasn't a USA company. Didn't know until I received the package and opened it. I do try to make sure where I order from is a US company, just screwed up this time!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts