Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten several emails asking about my brother. You guys are the greatest.

He finally left the hospital Friday and is now in a rehab facility. They were not able to save his leg; it was amputated mid-thigh. He's an amazing man and a great attitude. He says he will be one of only a few amputee firefighters in the U.S. and I believe him.

Best thing of all... I'm going to Denver to see him this weekend. It is just for the weekend - flying out on Friday; coming back home on Sunday. Then I'm heading off to Orlando for a tax seminar all next week. I'll post pics of my brother and Paisley when I get back.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sounds like a great man! Isn't it amazing that we live in a world that losing a limb doesn't mean your life has to stop? We have such wonderful inventions and therapies these days that I truly believe that if he wants it bad enough (and it sounds like he does!) then he will do it! Because it's POSSIBLE!!

Prayers for him and his family!

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I'm so happy to hear that things are going well. A good attitude
is so important... it's great that he has one! Have a great visit to
Denver and enjoy the tax seminar in Orlando. I'll be looking for
pictures....

Debbie

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I am happy to hear that your brother is doing much better...what a great attitude he has. Enjoy your visit!

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Aww, Lynne. I have goose bumps. Please give your brother and Paisley big hugs from me. Then, ask your brother to hug you from me. Have a great weekend, sweetie.
xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
We had a friend who lost her leg,mid calf a year ago,she had a tough time w/ the first prosthetic ,but the second one is working well for her now. Takes time. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall at the reunion of Paisley and your brother...

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Lynne, I'm so glad he's doing well, God has heard are prayers again. When you are with your brother please give him a big HUG from all of us. Have a safe trip I will be watching for pictures:chili:

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
Oh that's good to hear he's doing better, and what an attitude. Good for him, when you hear someone say it like that, there's no doubt he will be fine.
Enjoy your visit and your trip afterwards.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Good to hear he's in rehab now and doing okay mentally. I'm so sorry he has had such a horrible time. Enjoy your visit with him and then the tax seminar.

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
Lynne:

Please have a safe trip - give your brother and Paisley big hugs from us girls!

Maggie, Sweetness and Tessa

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Lynne - I had already responded at the end of your first thread but again I'm so glad you're going to lay your own eyes on him and arms around him. I'm sure it will mean so much to him. Wish him our best and yes I think he will still be a firefighter. :sLo_grouphug3:

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Lynn, I'm so glad that your brother is doing better. And, what an attitude he has after all he's been through! I'm sure he was so relieved to learn that Paisley was okay - I had goosebumps watching the video where the volunteers found her.

Have a safe trip!

Linda

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Lynne, that's wonderful news! I know you and your family are thrilled. Have a safe trip and enjoy yourself and your time with your brother.
Hugs
:grouphug:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts