Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Ha poor bubbles. I can see how much you love her. She will be back in a full coat before you know it.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Wow...you really did shave her down. Hope you have some really soft and warm sweaters for her because she's going to be cold. On the bright side, baths and grooming is going to be a breeze for awhile. :wub: So...the video going in fast speed took over 13 minutes. How long did it take you in real time?

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,981 Posts
I can totally understand your frustration----have had more than my fair share of living where you can't get to a vet & get the help you need when you need it! Or you get to a vet and they can't properly diagnose the issue.
I would say at this point, however, that I believe you are treating the symptom and not the real disease. I THINK I understand why you shaved Bubbles but have you really solved the problem?
I also agree w/the others that Bubbles will need some good "cover-ups" until the hair grows in some. I hope you can find something locally---otherwise contact me via PM and we will work something out where I will airmail something for her size. I would be happy to do that!
I hope that you find the help you need for her and that this is something you can both put behind you.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Poor Bubbles! I can see her shaking in fast forward! I hope it is all for the best and I hope she can keep warm. You said you live in Japan so finding some warm clothes for her will not be a problem as there are pet apparel stores on nearly every corner! I hope the shedding stops and that you can come down to the true reason for it.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I sure hope you are able to figure out and solve sweet Bubbles problem. I hope she is more comfortable with hair gone. Stay warm, Bubbles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the sweet responses! It took me 3 hours to shave her! It was exhausting seeing her like that. Yes, she has a sweater and a shirt. the picture is below. She is better... really don't know what caused her sheeding though until now... our vet here is useless. Told me just to monitor her for a few days again see if she manifest anymore "weird" symptoms. But my thing was... what if she doesn't (which is what's going on right now, she is perfectly fine). I still want to know what caused it, so I can prevent it.

Thanks again guys, I will keep you posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Thanks guys for the sweet responses! It took me 3 hours to shave her! It was exhausting seeing her like that. Yes, she has a sweater and a shirt. the picture is below. She is better... really don't know what caused her sheeding though until now... our vet here is useless. Told me just to monitor her for a few days again see if she manifest anymore "weird" symptoms. But my thing was... what if she doesn't (which is what's going on right now, she is perfectly fine). I still want to know what caused it, so I can prevent it.

Thanks again guys, I will keep you posted.
Awww correct me if I am wrong......but is that a bandage on her left ear? Looks like it to me.
Hope she get better very soon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We had to put sweater on her not only because she's freezing... so we don't confuse her to a BIG RAT running around the house!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Awww correct me if I am wrong......but is that a bandage on her left ear? Looks like it to me.
I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it! Awww!! Poor thing! Now I'm really sad! :(

We had to put sweater on her not only because she's freezing... so we don't confuse her to a BIG RAT running around the house!
I know this can be a way to relieve some of the stress you have gone through (even if many will not think it is funny especially when we are dealing with a sick angel) but I really really think you should get down to the real reason for Bubbles' shedding.

Doesn't Mimi, Coco and Lulu's mom live in Japan? I know she is a member of SM and maybe she can help in finding a good vet where LB can take Bubbles. I believe her name is MimiCoco on this site.

Try sending her a personal message and see if she has any vet suggestions. If you are close to each other maybe she can accompany you and help translate if the vet doesn't speak English? Its worth a shot, but for the sake of all of our fur babies, I hope you find the real reason behind Bubbles' shedding!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Another member on here used to live in Japan (I believe on a military base as well) and recently moved back to the US. Her malt's name is Ponyo and I think her SM name is MalteseandLabMommy(?). You could try PMing her and see if she can help you with maybe finding a different vet.

Hope you can get to the bottom of Bubble's issue soon!

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Poor Bubbles,

Truthfully I found the video really disturbing, seeing the little one shaking from the meds. her being shaved totally down and the cutting of her ear. Losing some of her hair to me it seems a bit extreme to completely shave, but then I am not there to see the situation.

I hope she continues to get well and hope that you can find a more satisfactory vet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts