Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home of Claimant in Chili Finger Case Searched



AP
Wendy's is offering a $50,000 reward for information that will lead to the identity of the person whose finger is central to the case.

SAN JOSE, Calif. (April 7) - Investigators searched the Las Vegas home of a woman who claimed she scooped up a mouthful of finger along with her chili at a Wendy's restaurant last month.

City police, working with their counterparts in Las Vegas, served the warrant Wednesday as they investigated how a finger ended up in Anna Ayala's bowl of chili.

"We are looking into every aspect in this case," San Jose police spokeswoman Gina Tepoorten said. "We are talking to people she knows as well as the finder of the finger. ... We want to determine who this finger belongs to how and how it ended up in a bowl of chili."

Police would not say what listed in the warrant.

Ayala, 39, was at the San Jose restaurant March 22 when she claimed she scooped up the 1 1/2-long fingertip. She later filed a claim with the franchise owner, Fresno, Calif.-based JEM Management, Corp.

"Just knowing that there was a human remain in my mouth ... it is disgusting. It is tearing me apart inside," Ayala told ABC's "Good Morning America" on March 28.

Wendy's spokesman Bob Bertini would not comment on the police investigation.

There was no answer at a phone listed for an Anna Ayala in Las Vegas.

On Thursday, Wendy's announced it would give a $50,000 reward to the first person providing verifiable information leading to the positive identification of the origin of the finger.

"It's very important to our company to find out the truth in this incident," said Tom Mueller, Wendy's president and chief operating officer.

Wendy's maintains the finger did not enter the food chain in its ingredients. All the employees at the San Jose store were found to have all their fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy's ingredients have reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.

The Santa Clara County coroner's office, using a partial fingerprint to attempt to find a match in an electronic database, came up empty. DNA testing is still being conducted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You just never know whether a person is telling the truth ya know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Geez that is nuts!
I heard on the tv this morning that they investigating to see if it was her deceased aunt's finger. I don't think I would beable to put any dead person's finger in my mouth for any amount of money. EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW It will be interesting to find out where that finger came from and who is missing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
I heard on the news that the police have been harassing her and her family. She said they rough her up all the time and the search her house all the time. They showed footage of the inside of her house and it was filled with trash and trash bags, it was disgusting! If she was found to be a fraud I would probably eat there again. John and I have been avoiding it! They are probably losing business because of this so are offering the reward to get to the bottom of this ASAP. I would offer a reward too if it meant finding a fraud and getting my business back.
Although I won't eat their salads anymore because I found a fly in mine once and almost threw up. It was a whole fly too, with wings still in tact and everything. I lifted a leaf to eat it and there he was. I had eaten half the salad already and my face turned red and I almost threw up. John and a friend of ours kept asking if I was going to be ok. They said I should take the salad back up there but I didn't. I don't like confrontation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Apr 8 2005, 08:57 AM
I heard on the news that the police have been harassing her and her family.  She said they rough her up all the time and the search her house all the time.  They showed footage of the inside of her house and it was filled with trash and trash bags, it was disgusting!  If she was found to be a fraud I would probably eat there again.  John and I have been avoiding it!  They are probably losing business because of this so are offering the reward to get to the bottom of this ASAP.  I would offer a reward too if it meant finding a fraud and getting my business back.
Although I won't eat their salads anymore because I found a fly in mine once and almost threw up.  It was a whole fly too, with wings still in tact and everything.  I lifted a leaf to eat it and there he was.  I had eaten half the salad already and my face turned red and I almost threw up.  John and a friend of ours kept asking if I was going to be ok.  They said I should take the salad back up there but I didn't.  I don't like confrontation.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50443
[/QUOTE]
EWWWWWWW I would almost puke too if I found a fly under a lettuce leaf in my salad! We still eat there, infact had a burger from them the other day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've worked in fast food restaurants and I can tell you some stories..
but in defense of the fly in the salad(ok that doesn't sound right but...listen..lol)..When I worked at Mc D's, they made the salads up fresh every day so it is VERY possible that the fly just happened to land in there the moment they put the lettuce in the bowl and went unnoticed. I am not saying it wouldn't make me sick, but that things DO happen. What I find inexcusable is ...I worked at a Dairy Queen in HS and I saw a roach crawl out of a croissant sandwich. That place was NASTY! If we dropped blizzard toppings on the floor, we were instructed to pick it up and put it back(if it was a larger amt). :eek: GROSS. Those floors were FULL of dirt and schlopped ice cream. We didn't have a dish washer(mechanical) there so when we were very busy for breakfast on Sundays, she would instruct us to drop the dishes in hot water (minimal soap) and then would just use them again.
umm, huh? How did they get clean? dip and use ..that was her phrase.


Anyway, just b/c something happens at one restaurant, doesn't mean it happens at another...but in the case of the finger, if they CAN track it back to the food suppliers, that'd be tough b/c a lot of time the SAME suppliers are used for restaurants(fresh produce, bread, etc). Restauranting is a tough biz, and I commend those who run a tight ship and is immaculate. It's tough to do so. Anywhoooooooooooo
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,543 Posts
What did I tell you ? the whole thing sounded fishy to me. You also have people putting some stuff in their plate and then complaining just to get a free meal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Apr 8 2005, 11:22 PM
What did I tell you ? the whole thing sounded fishy to me. You also have people putting some stuff in their plate and then complaining just to get a free meal.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50784
[/QUOTE]
I think I read on CNN that she has a history of filing suit against companies or people to receive a settlement in money.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,543 Posts
Yes that's what they said on CNN today. She has a history of filing lawsuits.
My daughter had a lady complaining once about blood on her Napoleon (it's a pastry). That pastry contained strawberries and she thought the red from the strawberries was blood. How more stupid can you be ? Or maybe she just tried to get something free out of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Apr 9 2005, 03:15 PM
Yes that's what they said on CNN today. She has a history of filing lawsuits.
My daughter had a lady complaining once about blood on her Napoleon (it's a pastry). That pastry contained strawberries and she thought the red from the strawberries was blood. How more stupid can you be ? Or maybe she just tried to get something free out of it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50880
[/QUOTE]
Oh geez!
haha :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Apr 9 2005, 03:15 PM
My daughter had a lady complaining once about blood on her Napoleon (it's a pastry). That pastry contained strawberries and she thought the red from the strawberries was blood. How more stupid can you be ? Or maybe she just tried to get something free out of it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50880
[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top