Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did manage to go back to the office yesterday. Took my car to the collison shop first so that it could get fixed.

Had so many problems with Enterprise about the rental car, but that's another story.

Made it through the day, but was totally exhausted when I got home. Feed the fluffs and was in bed by 8:00 p.m.

Feeling much better today, but still getting tired this afternoon, so I may leave early. I'm really trying not to overdo it.

Jerry was finally released from Mayos around 7:00 p.m. yesterday, but, although he is better, he still has pneumonia. Of course, most of the pneumonia is caused by and antibiotics won't help. But, there are also 3 strains of a bateria infection that are still lingering. He has 2 more weeks of antibiotics to take for that. He was at his primary care physicians this morning to go over his new list of meds. Mayo is soooooooooooooooo good. They had sent everything to his PCP including all tests done, all results, all meds, everything they did at Mayo. I mean, they keep his PCP and his Cardiologist updated as if they were actually there. Mayo is well worth the top rating that it has.

Hopefully I'll continue to improve daily. Have my last (we hope) radiation treatment on Monday, so that might drag me down a bit. Hope not. But it's worth it to have the cancer GONE!!!

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Don't be over doing it - when you feel tired stop and take nap with the fluffs. Gald Jerry is out of the hospital, hope the infections clear quiclky.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh Lynn, please take it easy. I can't even imagine how tired you have to be after major surgery. Try to just do half days if you must go in and then get thee to a bed! Happy you went to sleep early. Glad Jerry's out of the hospital and that they are incredible but it sounds like he's not out of the woods with those infections and pneumonia. Talk about tired. Sending prayers to you both and thinking of you every day. Good luck with the radiation treatment. I'm sure that will tire you as well. Wish I could take care of you long distance. :hugging:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I am glad Jerry is well enough to go home. I do hope and pray he recovers soon.

Take is easy and rest with your fluffs as everyone has said...we don't want you getting sick too!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Glad you are both on the mend, but sounds like you're pushing yourself a bit - careful careful! You need lots of rest and TLC now...the both of you... unplug the phone and just rest rest rest xoxoxoxox

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Glad Jeery is home,he'll start to feel much beter soon. I get pneumonia every year. Now that he's home the stress levels for both of you will go down and the healing can begin.
We always feel better once we can go home and relax.

Take it easy,you too.

Hugs!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Gee Lynn, you are quite the trooper!
I know you will feel better having Jerry home now.
Hopefully you can crash at night at the least.
I will be thinking about you on Monday---I will be on a long-haul flight so will have lots of prayer time!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I'm continuing to think and pray for you and Jerry. Lynn...take it day by day. Don't push too hard...just go at your own pace. Rest and a clear mind are so important right now for you. I'm glad to read that Jerry, although battling pneumonia, is getting wonderful care. That must be a huge relief.

Extra prayers will be sent to you on Monday. Take it easy and know we are thinking of you! xoxoxoxo

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Lynn glad to hear Jerry is well enough to go home. As for you my dear, take it easy. I'll continue to pray for both you and Jerry. Give them cute little fluffs of yours hugs and kisses for me.:wub:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Oh Lynn, please take it easy. I can't even imagine how tired you have to be after major surgery. Try to just do half days if you must go in and then get thee to a bed! Happy you went to sleep early. Glad Jerry's out of the hospital and that they are incredible but it sounds like he's not out of the woods with those infections and pneumonia. Talk about tired. Sending prayers to you both and thinking of you every day. Good luck with the radiation treatment. I'm sure that will tire you as well. Wish I could take care of you long distance. :hugging:
Great advice.

Lynn, I wish that I could make you dinner everynight! I do hope that you'll take it easy - you try to take care of everyone - but you forget about - Lynn

Try to put yourself first for a change.

(((Hugs))) :wub:

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Lynn, I worry so much about you pushing yourself too much. I am glad Jerry is home and that he had the best of care at Mayo.

Prayers and positive thoughts continue for both you and Jerry.

Sending love and hugs your way, Lynn.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
So glad Jerry is out of the hospital and will take all of his meds to keep the pneumonia at bay.

Now Lynn, you take care of yourself!!! When you get tired at work, excuse yourself and go home and rest. You are doing so well and I want you to stay that way. They will probably zap you good for this one treatment so you may plan to stay home until you are feeling better. Good luck and just remember, it is only for this one time! Hold those babies close and gain some strength. I will say prayers for you....sending hugs and stength to you!!!!:wub:

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Lynn, I'm so glad Jerry is doing better and I hope he continues to improve.
NOW .... about you. You really need to take it easy and take care of yourself. I think the suggestion about doing half days is a good one. You'd get to work but it wouldn't to be as taxing as trying to work all day. The more rest you get the faster you'll feel better.
Hugs!

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
As if you haven't been through enough all ready. Rental cars. I am glad things are coming around for you both.

Experience The MAGIC

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
Continuing to send positive thoughts and good wishes your way. What's that? Oh, and Sweetness and Tessa say they're sending puppy kisses too!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Lynn, thanks for the update on you and hubby! So good to hear Jerry is well enough to be released from the hospital and will be praying the infections will completely clear up soon for him.

As for you...PLEASE, PLEASE don't push yourself! I once read that a body does it's most/best 'healing' when at rest. Not sure that is true but it makes sense to me. You don't want to come this far to only get yourself exhausted. We all care so much about you and want you to be well!

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you are doing better and that Jerry was finally released, but please do try to take care of yourself and take it easy. You have a lot going on and should be able to excuse yourself from work when necessary. We will continue to pray for you. Know that you are much loved by us.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Hi Lynn, I am so glad both you and Jerry are feeling better!!! As others have said, please be sure to take it easy!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts