Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry it has taken me so long to let you guys know whats been going on.
Last Friday I Had Lee transported to the Quad Cities where I live so he will be closer,and easier for me to see daily and still be able to work.
The hospital he was in arranged a nursing home for him as he is a difficult placement,because of all the problems he has.Unfortunatly I had never seen this place and the ambulance arrived there about 45 min. before me.When i got there I found Lee on the floor naked and he had pulled out his foley cathiter,and was surounded by blood.He is not aware of what he is doing due to the massive brain damage he incurred.Let me tell you ,this place was something out of a Steven King horror book.It was FILTHY and the nursing staff had dirty street clothes on with holes in themI asked them if they had assest him to see if he had any broken bones etc.They said OH we asked him if he hurt anywhere and he said no !!!!!!!! Now Lee doesnt have any more idea of what they were talking about than a man in the moon.I made them call an ambulance and have him taken to the E.R. Thank God no broken bones,just scrapes etc. But since he hadent broken anything they said they couoldnt keep him.I BEGGED and cryed tons ,to have them keep him till I could find him a safe,clean place to be.Thank God they finally admitted him and I was finally able 3 days ago to find him a good place.I went to over 20 homes in two days and then had to go through the process of waiting to see which ones would take him.I was so afraid he would have to go back to that heck hole or another one like it.Not many places will take cases like his.At the last second a good decent place said they would take him.THANK YOU GOD
This is just so hard,seeing him like this & knowing that he will not get better.It just kills me.I think Im going to call my Doc Monday and ask him if I can go on anti depressents to help me get through this.Its all just so hard for me.

My daughter & the new baby are doing fine, and Kirbie is getting better.The vet took tons of tests but could find nothing.But the antis he put him on brought him back to his ole self!
Thank all of you for your prayers,thoughts and offers of help.I will never forget you all for helping me get through this awfull sittuation.
Please keep Lee in your prayers that God will give us a miracle and give my brother back to me.....Sheila

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
OMG, Sheila, I can't imagine what you've been through. That first place he was in sounds unbelievably horrible and thank goodness he had you looking out for him. That place should be shut down!!!

I sure hope he will get settled in and be comfortable as best he can.

Please take care of yourself, too.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Shelia, you post really shook me. I am so glad that everything has worked out and that he is in a much better facility. I can only imagine how tough these past few days. Your brother is very lucky to have such a wonderful person caring for him in his time of need. May the light always shine brightly on you, even on the darkest of days.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sher ,I contacted the state about that place,I just feel awfull for the other poor souls that are stuck in that heck hole.Ive always know that some nursing homes are better than others.But NEVER in my wildest dreams did I believe a place like that one could exist.
Thank you & saltymalty for your kind words,they help sooth my broken heart.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Oh Sheila my heart breaks for you, I know what you are going through as I actually lost my brother a few years back to cancer and it is so heart breaking to watch them suffer. I shall pray for you that you are given the strength and courage to cope with all that has come your way, and your brother too that he may be comfortable and well cared for and also that he may get well.
I am also very happy for you that your daughter and new grandbaby are both doing well and also little Kirbie too.
Take care Sheila

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Sheila,
I am just horrified at the what you and your family are going through. I hope that the new baby will bring happiness to help combat the sadness. Please come to this site when you need a "getaway". Call your doctor first thing Monday!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I am shocked. What a shame that such places can exist. The poor people that have nobody to take care of them and end up in such places. I am glad you found another place for your brother.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
:eek: OMG! I am so glad you found your brother when you did!!!
Big hugs and prayers coming your way!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Oh my gosh, Sheila! I had no idea! I am definitely sending you lots of love, hugs, and kisses. Many from ButterCloud and Noriko too! Be strong! We are all here for ya!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Sheila, I'm so sorry
I can't believe the conditions of that first place...I'm so glad you found a better place for him. We will keep you and your brother in our prayer

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Sheila~ You are so strong thank goodness your brother has you. Things will get better with all these prayers--you take care of yourself too!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
You and your familyare in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank all of you so much for your kind words of support
Everything is just so over wellming for me right now.Im going back to work tomorrow,so I hope that will help keep my mind off things.It helps me alot though to come on here and spend a few min. reading the threads.Im so far behind on them ,I,ll never catch up on them! But it helps me from throwing in the towel & going crazy right now.You guys are all great!
Seeing my poor brother like this just kills me.To think he will never watch his kids grow up & that they will not have their Dad in thier lives is just horrible to even think about.The more I find out about his condition,the sadder I become.The outlook, long term is grim at best.
My neighbor has his brain sugery this coming Friday so please all say a prayer or good thoughts his way.Hopefully he will be still able to walk after the surgery,he is a very active person normaly.It would be terrible if he couldnt walk anymore.
Love ya guys...Sheila

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Sheila I will keep your neighbor in my thoughts and prayers and also you and your brother.
It is very difficult to watch a loved one suffer this way, and particularly so if there are young children involved. Great big
coming your way

·
Registered
200 Posts
Oh, my goodness! What a terribly difficult time for you and your family. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts