Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My husband had triple bypass surgery yesterday. It was a very long day, but the surgery went okay and he is doing well. There were some complications during the surgery, so they're treating him with kid gloves and he has a one-on-one nurse for a few days, which is a great relief for me because I know that when I'm not allowed to be there, someone is watching him for me. They also found that at some point, he had a heart attack without knowing it, so his heart is damaged, but they are hopeful that this operation will help the undamaged part of the heart to function better. He is in some pain and he has a hard recovery in front of him, but I believe that the worst is behind us now that the surgery is over.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.
Debbie

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
I am happy to hear he is doing good. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh Praise the Lord! I am so glad he is doing well. I will pray he has a good and fast recovery.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh Debbie, thank goodness the by-pass is over with. I know it will take months to get better but I have seen this in my own husband's family. They do get better and improve and you will have a hard time keeping up with him. I know it hasn't been easy for you either......take one day at a time. Thank you so much for sharing the info with us.:wub:

·
Premium Member
17,469 Posts
May you find peace and strength each day for yourself and good encouragement for your husband! Life is such a gift and we need to bless each other every single day! Sending love & prayers to you and yours.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I'm so glad to hear your husband is doing well after his surgery.
I'll be saying a prayer for you both.
Hugs
:grouphug:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Glad the surgery is over and now you and hubby can concentrate on good recouping!! It know initially the post surgery time can be kind of hard but once past that, most I know feel better than they had in a long time!

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
Hi everyone,

My husband had triple bypass surgery yesterday. It was a very long day, but the surgery went okay and he is doing well. There were some complications during the surgery, so they're treating him with kid gloves and he has a one-on-one nurse for a few days, which is a great relief for me because I know that when I'm not allowed to be there, someone is watching him for me. They also found that at some point, he had a heart attack without knowing it, so his heart is damaged, but they are hopeful that this operation will help the undamaged part of the heart to function better. He is in some pain and he has a hard recovery in front of him, but I believe that the worst is behind us now that the surgery is over.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.
Debbie
Praise God the surgery is behind you both,Debbie I have been praying for your Steve and will continue, God has his arms around Steve and will bring him through all of this. I know you have to be so tired Debbie, I'm praying God will give you his rest and peace, I love you my friend take care yourself:hugging:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Debbie - So relieved that Steve's through the surgery and hope that he's doing better today. Will be in touch with you later day. Prayers to Steve and hugs and love, as always, to you and the girls. :hugging:

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Debbie, it's great to hear that Steve's surgery is over ... and, that he will have a nurse watching over him for a few days. I have a relative and several other friends who have had bypass surgery. All of the outcomes were successful. Although it will take Steve some time to heal from this major surgery, hopefully, he will feel like a new person when he is fully recovered.

My prayers and positive thoughts continue for Steve and you.

Hugs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts